MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
Article: Game specific Friend Codes confirmed

' ]

Someone at Wii-Network sent Nintendo an e-mail regarding Nintendo's Friend Codes for WFC. They responded as follows: "I can confirm that the Friend Code system in the Wi-Fi Connection (WFC) service for Wii will be the same as it was for the Nintendo DS, meaning game-specific Friend Codes and a separate Friend Roster are used in each game where players can play with identified friends. As with Nintendo DS, the system was created to ensure the gaming environment is kept fun for everyone. We have heard from various others like you letting us know how they felt regarding Nintendo's implementation of Friend Codes in the Wi-Fi Connectionservice for Wii. I want you to know that we appreciate your passion andconcern. Let me assure you that your concerns have been heard and will be forwarded along. As always, keep an eye on our website (www.nintendo.com) for the latest developments in Wi-Fi gaming as they are made available." Eh boy....

Source

this is news from Wii-Volution. what are your thoughts on this "stupid" thing that Nintendo did?
thx goes to Jeremy Buchanan at wii-volution

Last edited:
I heard that in games there wont be a lobby.
U either play someone on ur list, or u select the random play option which allows u to play some random person online (pokemon)

mk_south_london said:
I heard that in games there wont be a lobby.
U either play someone on ur list, or u select the random play option which allows u to play some random person online (pokemon)

I was afraid that was going to happen. I don't want it to be like DS. I want a freakin' Lobby.

There goes Nintendo again trying to make it safe for 10 year olds to pay online. BULLSHIT

They can't make it appeal to everyone. Nintendo as you can tell caters to a younger audience in most cases. While very disappointing, it shouldn't have been hugely unexpected.

The wii sold me on two points.
1) Compatability with gamecube games - I'm very content with this.
2) Online play - I'm getting more and more worried about this aspect, If this goes south I might sell my wii after I beat all the gamecube games I bought.

Yeah, I'm getting REAL fed up with Nintendo blowling it over and over again. There are NO good games out right now, and the good games coming out in the future still have no Release Date or are VERY far in the future, and now it looks like Nintendo is going to blow their Online Service. PLEASE tell me I don't have to buy myself a 360, because I really don't have the money for it.

Back