Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Announced

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
[FONT=&amp]
maura-albums-news-4-picture10921-assassins-creed-4.JPG

Fantastic news today for Wii U owners and Assassin’s Creed fans, with Ubisoft announcing details of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, for all main consoles, including the Wii U. The game has been in development for two years, with the veteran Assassin’s Creed team at Ubisoft Montreal at the helm, as well as Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebec, Singapore and Sofia. [/FONT]

“With the new hero and new setting we are creating the boldest and most unique Assassin’s Creed game yet, while still respecting the pillars of the franchise that have made it such a fan favorite,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. “Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is based on a true, harsh and exciting part of a legendary era and will thrill longtime fans and newcomers alike.”
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag tells the story of Edward Kenway, a British man who becomes a pirate, just as the war between the major Empires is ending. Edward is a fierce pirate and an expert fighter with lots of experience, who’s curiosity and sense of derring-do soon leads him to become entangled in the war between the Assassin’s and the Templars. The storyline takes place at the beginning of the 18th Century, and features some of the most infamous pirates in history, such as Blackbeard and Charles Vane. Ubisoft says that gameplay will be based around the series’ proven model, with a vast open world, and more than 50 navigable locations. The acclaimed multiplayer experience is also back and bigger than ever. Sounds, and looks, amazing!

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Ubisoft

Last edited by a moderator:
splash heres a trailer

Fifty locations? So long as it's not quantity over quality, that lil' fact certainly has my attention. One'a the problems I had with AC:III was that the large and quite lovely areas in the game would occasionally feel rather empty or desolate. So long as it isn't the case of prioritizing quantity, this could make for some fine improvements over AC:III.

The game has been in development for two years, with the veteran Assassin’s Creed team at Ubisoft Montreal at the helm, as well as Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebec, Singapore and Sofia.

... Which is to say, AC:III didn't have dedicated attention from Ubisoft's A-team during it's entire development period? This does not amuse me.

Second
It feels like Ubisoft just threw together AC:III

This one better be worth the money I will be paying for it

This brings up the question of which AC came first between 3 n 4. And yeah. I really liked Revelations. It had so many colors, and felt so new, and the story had some sort of decent closure. Then III happened. It's the worst one storywise and the PC controls were completely butchered. Plus the gameplay felt horrible.

I felt 3's gameplay was superior t' every past AC game... 'cept the glitches. Perhaps y'all of the master race just got screwed with the bad controls, as ya said.

I really liked Revelations. It had so many colors, and felt so new, and the story had some sort of decent closure.

notsureifserious_zpse25c1050.jpg

Second
It feels like Ubisoft just threw together AC:III

This one better be worth the money I will be paying for it

III would be worth the money if it weren't programmed worse than Chinese knock-off games. All it's flaws aside, the good content in the game is still quite a few hours'a playin'. That, and the multiplayer is damn-well amazing.

Which is t' say, it'l be hard to **** up worse than where III did. My expectations of IV ain't hard t' meet, so Ubisoft best not **** up.

Both Ezio and Altair had their arcs closed as good as they could make 'em. If ya mean Desmond.... well, there is no Desmond in Revelations. Just some bearded euro raver who shows up never.

Altair had the benefit'a not havin' the ones who came before not meddlin' in his mortal affairs... and y'all should know by now what my opinion is on the first civilization: they ruin anythin' good in AC's plot. Ezio had three console games, so he had plenty'a time to get a proper finish t' his saga... Connor's story isn't done yet anyways. It's left completely open-ended incase he does return in another game (he ****in' better ._.).

As always, I'm essentially ignoring Desmond's story as relevant t' the topic of AC's plot since no one (should) care... But speakin' of, 'Karp forbid I've actually been ponderin' 'bout Desmond's story in III. Early on in the game,
Juno speaks of the first civ's idea to use Apples of Eden to control the entire human race worldwide, using the power of the Apples to will away the impending solar flare apocalypse. It's obviously reminiscent of Eye-Abstergo, minus the whole New World Order bit. This raises questions: was Eye-Abstergo inspired by this idea, and thus Abstergo knows much 'bout this apocalypse ordeal? Was Juno speakin' 'bout this to a Templar?

The fact that Juno quips in one'a her e-mails t' Desmond how she's sympathetic to the Templars' cause could support any'a these theses.

You're trying too hard to believe something good can come of the lore. You will be up countless nights if you keep it up. Actually, you already are, so you should probably stop.

Mass Effect did that civilization thing pretty well. In those games, I wanted to know more about them. Or just about any good sci-fi RPG.

You're trying too hard to believe something good can come of the lore.

Good? Did ya miss the part where I said I hate how Ubisoft has integrated the first civ in? On multiple occasions :lol:

I'm speculatin' just 'cause I can. Make no mistake, I'm interested in said speculation simply 'cause I'm a fan of the series, not because of the story itself. Though perhaps both would be true if they could be arsed t' put more effort into said stories like with the books, but no... that'l happen soon as CoD has a single player mode worth buyin' the game over.

Good? Did ya miss the part where I said I hate how Ubisoft has integrated the first civ in? On multiple occasions :lol:

I'm speculatin' just 'cause I can. Make no mistake, I'm interested in said speculation simply 'cause I'm a fan of the series, not because of the story itself. Though perhaps both would be true if they could be arsed t' put more effort into said stories like with the books, but no... that'l happen soon as CoD has a single player mode worth buyin' the game over.

What with your interest in the lore and speculation, it sounds more like cognitive dissonance. Trying to find something good in it, not that you actually believe the story's great.

Actually, I ain't at all interested in first civilization lore... 'cept the as of now unknown Pieces of Eden I s'pose, but that's only normal since they're the driving force behind every bit'a the plot. I really doubt once all the secrets ain't no longer secrets that the first civilization will be cool or bring anythin' new t' the realm of sci-fi, hence my lack of interest in said lore.

Considerin' I already know there's some good points 'bout AC's plot, I rather doubt I'm havin' a subconscious doublethink crisis. I'm just speculatin' outta boredom. I'm impatiently awaitin' some more naval action AC:IV will no doubt bring, after all.

not sure if disgusted by gay fish joke, or my support of ubisoft

If the latter, ... I have no regrets.

It comes out two days late on the Wii U? ... What with Ubisoft's most recent track record of early releases, this just slightly worries me.

Back