Augmented Reality Camera Game Coming to DSi

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Those that wanted DSi games that use its extras games look here.

Swedish-developed Ghostwire will let you use the DSi's camera to hunt ghosts in the real world through augmented-reality gaming, developer A Different Game announced today. In the adventure title, gamers will use the DSi as a portal to the astral plane to find and collect ghosts that exist all around them. The game will also use the DSi's built in microphone. Once you find the ghosts you will have to figure out why they are haunting your world so you can help them find peace.
"The Nintendo DSi platform is perfect for this game" says Anders Bergman, lead game designer of Ghostwire. "This allows us to enhance the integrated real-world experience with the combination of camera, microphone and touch screen."
custom_1243253807133_ghostwire.JPG

How many people will think the "ghosts" are real and freak out I wonder?

Too many. Far, far too many. I can also see religious nutjobs claiming this game is evil, or some kind of "demonic magic"...

Oh well, controversy always produces lulz.

Too many. Far, far too many. I can also see religious nutjobs claiming this game is evil, or some kind of "demonic magic"...

Oh well, controversy always produces lulz.
Controversy sells games.

But ill probably get this game due to it being different to the usual shovleware crap

I agree with Prinny on this one, it's nice to see something fresher than the same rehashed "save or destroy the human race" plot games.

I agree with Prinny on this one, it's nice to see something fresher than the same rehashed "save or destroy the human race" plot games.
Its also nice to see a game that makes good use of the DSis features.

There have been things simler to this in the past but they havent been what you would call portable

They surly have set a decent benchmark, hopefully we'll start to see more game that incorporate the DSi features.

Its also nice to see a game that makes good use of the DSis features.

There have been things simler to this in the past but they havent been what you would call portable

Well ya unless you wanna carry around a car battery, a converter, small tv screen, PS2 w/eyetoy! LOL
On a different note, This idea could spawn an amazing GHOSTBUSTERS game!!!

G-G-GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
Thats a good idea , cant really see it happening though.

WHAT?!

IT CAN SEE GHOSTS??????/

WHAT THE FUCK:ee5k:

Yeah and there 100% real.
Its state of the art. [/sarcasm]
Read Prinny's 1st post.

I dont get it i thort ghosts wernt real?

Back