Aussie Boxart grrrr.....

deity_link

The one and only
Jul 2, 2006
Wii Online Code
2528-7696-5174-8862
Ok well its what 14 days or something till the wii comes out in Australia and I just saw a pic of the TP boxart and I love it but it really pisses me that they changed the rating thing from being a transperant thing in the corner to this BIG BLUE (WTF) BOX. This is just a little thing and probbably a bit nit picky but got nothing else to do or say soooooo....
but it really destroys the beuty of the boxart.

Here's a Pic
thelegendofzeldatwilightprincess.jpg

Yeh I like that much better but they changed it like 12-6 months ago can't rember when (it just sourtta was there) and now its these big blue boxes and trust me they mioght look pretty but theres a big blue M (or G,PG MA or R(pfft us aussie and an R rated game not going to happen))on the side as well as another box on the back... there kinda eating the box

But what are you going to be looking at more the game box or the tv screen while your playing the game.

I too like the look of it. Kinda makes all of the cases stack well together. Those plain square boxes with M or PG or G etc. in them looked damned ugly. Icetrash speaks the truth; Modern.

i think all rateing companys need to do what the UK does and put the age limit big and bold on the front because here in the USA, parents always complain about violent video games and little kids becuse they buy their kids the game even though its rated M yet their kid is only 12. it would be better to stick a big 18+ on the front

Mitch2025 said:
i think all rateing companys need to do what the UK does and put the age limit big and bold on the front because here in the USA, parents always complain about violent video games and little kids becuse they buy their kids the game even though its rated M yet their kid is only 12. it would be better to stick a big 18+ on the front
No, what would be better is if parents simply PAID ATTENTION to what their kids are playing. It doesn't matter what size the rating is on the box if the parents don't actually look at it. There is nothing broken about the rating system or the size of the font on the box. The only thing broken is parents not taking the time to educate themselves about what their kids are really doing/buying/playing.

saturnine said:
No, what would be better is if parents simply PAID ATTENTION to what their kids are playing. It doesn't matter what size the rating is on the box if the parents don't actually look at it. There is nothing broken about the rating system or the size of the font on the box. The only thing broken is parents not taking the time to educate themselves about what their kids are really doing/buying/playing.

Omg finaly someone intelligent ! Yes its not the job of companies or the government to baby sit your kids for you. Being a parent comes with the responsibility of making sure you pay attention to your kids. Getting sick and tired of all these people who are constantly complaining about violence/sex in tv/movies/games. It doesnt matter ! If you feel your kid shouldnt be exposed to such things, its your job to ensure they are'nt. Its even worse when ppl in the government (hillary clinton :mad2: :prrr:) start passing anti gaming laws and s**t.

edit : this is the kinda crap im talking about
Violent games blamed for German school attack - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
The Wii is region-free, right? So if you don't like the Australia box design, why don't you just import a US or other country's version that you like better? It should only cost up to twenty bux more, depending on the country... LOL

I heartily agree on the rating system thing. Parents think they can just have kids and the little buggers will just inately know what's best for themselves and do it, without any supervision whatsoever. Don't get me started!

Back