Battle of the 3's.

So I've been looking forward to all the threquels, and if I had to.. I would rank them in the following order:

Ocean's 13 - Ocean's 11 was a great film and while I agree that 12 was a bit of a disappointment, I was glad they were able to bring in elements from both prequels for 13. Instead of bringing in brand new characters for numbers 12 and 13, [spoilers] they added Terry from 11 and Roman from 12 [/spoilers] to create a well balanced ensemble. Even without Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta Jones in the movie, their absence was explained decently with a few references here and there. In addition, there were a number of comedic moments that made the movie shine and fall just short of being better than the first.

Pirates AWE - A very close second this summer would have to be the third installment of the Pirates trilogy. They managed to take all the material introduced from the second film and end it quite neatly. Sure there were some plotholes, and of course they could have explained things better, but you gotta admit they did a wonderful job for everything they have to work with.

Spider-man 3 - Falling to a distant third would have to be Spider-man. Maybe it has a lot to do me being such a big of the comic books and the animated series. The fans always want things to go the way it did in the comics, and there's always an uproar when the films don't follow the original the way they wanted it to. I had been looking forward to this film ever since it's announcement BEFORE the release of the second film.. it's seems like such a long wait. Unfortunately, I would have to agree with many critics in saying they tried to make too much happen in one film. I was thrilled to see Sandman (one of the oldest villains) paired with Venom (one of the newest villains) together in one film. But introducing their storylines while having to tie up loose ends started in the first two films was a little too much to chew. The movie was still good, and it still looked amazing, but it falls short of expectation.

Shrek the Third - Probably my least anticipated of the 4.. The first film was a work of art, and the second one was a pretty good follow-up. And while I enjoyed them immensely, for some reason, I wasn't all that excited about number 3. Maybe it was a bit too much of the same thing, and a lot of the originality from the first was lost.

There are two more "threquels" that I'm aware of: Rush Hour 3 and The Bourne Supremacy. I enjoyed the first two Rush Hours, but I'm afraid the third one will probably fall short. Supremacy, on the other hand, could be great as long as they try to pull more elements from the books. We'll just have to wait and see.

Finally, we have a 5-quel with Harry Potter. Looks great.. looking forward to it.

I don't really like any of the Pirates movies
I saw Shrek 3 and compared to 1 and 2,Shrek 3 wasn't as good.
I have high hopes for Spider-man 3 though

Back