BBFC rejects edited Manhunt 2

Budo

Raging Clue
Sep 19, 2007
Canadia
While the resubmitted and edited version of Rockstar's Manhunt 2 was issued an M rating in the Americas, the BBFC has once again put its foot down for the 'good' of society. All is not lost though for anyone wanting to get the original iteration of this game, as it seems a completely unedited version will be released in the Netherlands.

Thats lame really.
I get it fine, but people over there don't.

I know it's violent or whatever, buts it only a game.
Its not the end of the world.

woa, woa, slow down. this game isnt being released at ALL now? ****!!!

oh, is the bbfc a UK thing? sorry i didnt know what was goin on here lol so it's still going to be released in the us right?

Last edited:
with Play.com shipping from Jersey would they be able to distribute Manhunt 2 as they dont fall under english law. also, does anyone know if the US version is PAL compatible?

well i'm glad in ur country they have the decency of taking the game out. From what i hear, manhunt just sounds sick, and it seems like it would promote this type of behavior, maybe only a small percentage of change, but change nonetheless. there is a dif in gta, (killing innocent people, which promotes all kinds of things) and manhunt, (torturing people, not fun.) Whats next for rockstar, hs shooting games?

Why are they actually banning it?
Anyways I am sure the uncensored one from the Netherlands will be made available for everyone through int mail. Some dutch shops will focus on the export sale due to the bbfc lame approach....
FCUK

no one in the uk needs to worry about this ban, as the netherlands version will work in the uk as both countries use PAL as the tv standard, everyone else can get a wiikey mod chip as they are soooo good

jesus christ!!!!!! let it go!!!!! its not for the good of society, killing is killing, if you tone it down a bit it isnt gonna make a difference, they shlould have just let the game be how it was ment to be

SensesFail said:
woa, woa, slow down. this game isnt being released at ALL now? ****!!!

oh, is the bbfc a UK thing? sorry i didnt know what was goin on here lol so it's still going to be released in the us right?

Yes, we're getting the censored version that was resubmitted to the ESRB, and received an M rating.

I guess it's better than nothing.

This game is really gross. It's one thing being the hero in a game but being the guy that tortures people and kills them. Yuck, plus, with this game coming out on the wii what motion controls are we looking at. i'm not too sure about this game.

so if i'm in the US and i ship it from the netherlands, will it play on my US Wii

Back