Beautiful Katamari Announced!!!!!!!

$$Mr.Elf$$

Banned
Apr 20, 2007
the castle
Wii Online Code
6511-9047-7302-5504
Beautiful katamari is a new game coming out the person who made all the katamari games said it is coming out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 then someone asked about the wii and he stated yes but said that it is hard to make cause of the new controller so far i love the game and its addicting the release date will though be later than PS3 and Xbox 360 because of the controller but it is coming out on the wii.I know im getting the game and you should too.Katamari is a game were you are a little prince and youre dad is a king and you roll a ball around the world and collect stuff.It is a japanese game but i bet you all will like it.

If anyone wants to be my friend or has any cool miis please PM me thank you i will keep you updated on this.

Please i need you to use the rep button (mushroom on bottom).

Katamari Officially Beautiful
Is the King of All Cosmos Wii-Bound?
by IGN Staff
April 18, 2007 - Following rumors surfacing from retail channels last month, Bandai Namco's next generation sequel to Katamari Damacy has been confirmed in the latest Famitsu. Beautiful Katamari Damacy, as it's to be known in Japan, is in development for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

While retaining the general look of previous entries, the move to the new platforms makes possible improvements to the technical areas of the game. Stages are larger and include more junk to add to your growing katamari. One screen in Famitsu shows a katamari rising above 7,000 kilometers, on its way to the 10,000 km mark (yes, it nearly covers the entire Earth at this point).

Bandai Namco is also taking advantage of the online capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 for online play. It's unclear what form the online play will take, although Famitsu speculates that we can expect cooperative and competitive play.

The control sceheme remains the same as in the PS2 versions. Both next gen versions make use of dual analogue controls for all movement. Speaking with the magazine, director Jun Moriwaki (who also worked on the PSP entry in the series) pointed out that those who mastered the PS2 controls may initially have some difficulty with the Xbox 360 controls, as the system's analogue triggers aren't horizontally aligned. However, he expects players to get used to the change quickly.

Also returning from previous Katamari games is the use of singing in the background music. All the performers in the Japanese version will be new to the Katamari universe, but Morikawa promised that players would be able to recognize the names.

Moriwaki addressed the possibility of Katamari coming to other platforms. Asked if the Wii was originally considered for the game, he stated yes, noting that he's interested in trying out a variety of interfaces, including the PC keyboard and the DS stylus. Pressed about the possibility of the game still coming out on the Wii, he said, "The controller is very special, so how to clear that is a big problem."

Beautiful Katamari is 50% complete, Famitsu reports. It's currently without a final release date in Japan.

Last edited:
Unless he edited it I think he did you just roll around collecting objects as you go but It's more fun than you'd think

I never played this, but this game looks incredibly fun.

Another good game coming to Wii :)

En4Neo said:
Attack of the Show is crap.

I like AOTS!! Don't Dis it. And I have a suggestion for a control scheme for the game. In the original PS2 you just used the two analog stick thingy's. Both forward to go forward. One left and one right to turn. That's kinda how they went. They can do the same using the wii mote and nunchuk but you could just tilt them controllers instead. I can't see why that can't work. Sorry if that didnt' make much sense. My wording was kinda crap.

the games is basically the snow ball effect where a ball get bigger and bigger the more things the ball rolls over

like a snow ball rolling over more snow to make it bigger

i thought it was announced for the wii a while ago
but i guess its not even half done yet

http://wii.ign.com/articles/781/781540p1.html
ign says theres no release date but it will end up on the wii

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/04/18/beautiful-katamari-in-famitsu-but-no-sign-of-wii/
agreeing

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/18/rumor-katamari-damacy-on-ps3-wii-and-360/
says egm they plan to make it on the wii

if it does come out it will probably b after the 360 n ps3 launches

Back