Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Before you start a clan read this

Discussion in 'Nintendo Clans' started by DOAPevuhl, Sep 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

Starting a clan is extremely difficult, and time consuming, so be prepared to stay up all night fixing everything for you members.

Organizing more than one person that's in another country, time zone, lifestyle is very hard. Be prepared to sacrifice your favorite show.

And if you are still sold out on making a clan I suggest talking to other Clan Leaders and finding out how they did it. also:

-You must find 1-4 Clan Members that are as die hard as you are when it comes to making your clan work.
    -Creating a website helps give your clan some cred.
    -Be at least a 1st stige or have phenom stats, who wants to war with a guy with a .66 kdr? you stats show more than just skill.
    -Use multiple forums to expand your network, good luck remembering all the passwords and usernames lol
    -Get ready to play less, since I've started my Clan I actually have less time to play since now I'm online here and tweaking our site, generating contests, holding meetings, meeting to chat, finding a chat box, creating rankings, doing this, that and everything else I can't even get online to play!
    -Determine what you want to accomplish from your Clan. If you're a casual gamer and you're just looking for good buddies to war with, you may wanna consider just joining a clan. If anything posted above makes you a lil iffy about your new clan, well do yourself a favor and STOP NOW! It's okay to admit defeat lol. and chances are there's a Clan that's been active for a long time and would really appreciate a new member like yourself.
    -And guys and gals lets think about the numbers. Theres about 250,000 people on Wifi, everyday 5 new Clans are attempted. This makes the current Clan count in forums over 400. this leaves about 600 people you could potentially recruit per clan, BUT only about 10% of those 600 people are potential Clan Members. That leaves only 60 people per Clan that you can even recruit(and 5 of those 60 are gonna try to make a new clan)! and the chances of you talking to the right 1 of 55 people is really, really, really an obstacle to tackle.

So for all new clans best of luck DOAP is now in it's 3rd week with 8 members already! So guys it is possible, but so so challenging. Good Luck with your Clan! Stop by and hook us up with some love or hate on our Guestbook!

2. prinplup

prinplup a webmaster

Wii Friend Code: 2311-1123-4321-0974
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    bilieve it or not this belongs in the call of duty section since its not a clan add thread & i come to figure clan are whack theres no real point might aswell just say friends playing wii together

3. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

i see your point which is why i've set out to have a not-so-ordinary clan. we're not just friends that play wii together, we have built a small community of people with a similar goal in mind. much like people meeting every sunday for church, or should they all just stay home and call each other?

4. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

techincally

the last line of that post it technically an ad i promoted my own Clan so i'm pretty sure this thread is where it should be.

5. prinplup

prinplup a webmaster

Wii Friend Code: 2311-1123-4321-0974
    2311-1123-4321-0974
    it's gloating & unless you wanna edit & say join my clan.

6. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

goating?

actually without down right bragging i was simply trying to show new clan leaders, with the right work ethic, can have a good new clan, and actually get members. this thread was written to help potential new clan leaders. i started my clan with little knowledge and know how and i wanted to pass what i've learned to someone else.
    i didn't write it to gloat, boast, but to help and exemplify, sorry you didn't catch that.

7. CarlosV130

CarlosV130 ECOHQ.TK

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ur just scared of competition NO ONE CARES ABOUT WAT U SAY clans FAIL sometimes its a life lesson its like wen u throw a party and only ur mom comes ITS A LIFE LESSON

8. da_star

da_star WiiChat Member

well if u take last part of staff should sticky this

9. rickywalls

rickywalls WiiChat Member

dude, i really dont think you have the experience to create a tut on making a clan, if you were from 1sk or a clan i actully knew of maybe. i cheaked out the website and it doesnt look tweaked. and 8 clan members in 3 weeks isnt that good. so dude close your clan and play some more.

10. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

scared???

that's a pretty comical accusation, especially since we're one of the fastest growing clans online right now, and have received multiple challenges from others clans
    yes of course clans do fail, when you provide them the option to. the purpose again of this thread (since no one gets it yet) is to try and help new clan leaders.
    i didn't imply that this is a full proof ideal for starting a clan, but it would have been nice if i had had someone with the experience and knowledge to help me out when i first started my clan.

11. CarlosV130

CarlosV130 ECOHQ.TK

0000-0000-0000-0000
    get this striaght aslong as you have 5 dedicated members your good to go and we are beasts even though dragon dan just gave up on mwr *sigh*we are still beasts and btw itsnot my clan im their top geneeral

12. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

f'ing hilarious

close up shop since my clan isn't well known like 1sk? interesting proposition, except you forget one thing.... that's a dumb idea.
    and yes the site blows chunks no crap, way to be Mr. Obeservative! check the original post- time consuming- i wasnt' expecting, nor prepared to start my own clan. all i had was determination.
    and thank you because a good solid group of guys with like agenda can be succesful.
    yeah 9 members isn't huge, but considering the 200+ clans recruiting, i'll pat myself on the back thank you.
    so give up cuz someone says it won't work, has only been the catalyst for great minds to break the mold.
    i'm glad this thread had attracted sorts of nay sayers, all i gotta say is this - bring it to the battlefield-

13. SD_Volcano

SD_Volcano WiiChat Member

Thanks for the advice, Scarred Delta clan leader, first week, 4 members.

14. BradBoz

BradBoz WiiChat Member

0000-0000-0000-0000
    Eh.. I like how mine goes... :yesnod:

15. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

this is gloating

So my fail clan has been running for well over 11 months now
    we're multi-platform with over 100+ members
    have 1 of the best structures i've seen in a wii clan
    and we continue to grow everyday
    so cheer's to you buddy for your negative comment
    looks like i was right when i said nay sayers would only propel our success
    oh and just an fyi we're ranked in the top 25 for all COD Black Ops Clans
    sure sounds like a fail to me :D

16. J4CK0

J4CK0 WiiChat Member

I think he/she is only trying to help other people that are thinking about creating a clan, I know managing a clan is difficult I've failed on numerous occasions theres no need to criticize someone whos only trying to offer help to others but anyway what you've put up about making a clan is some pretty good stuff, good work.

EDIT; Infact do you want to arrange a clan battle sometime DOA?

#16 J4CK0, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  17. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

thanks J4cko
    I'm sure my guys would be more than willing to put together a battle
    and just an fyi its the DOAP Clan wouldn't want to be confused with the actual DOA Clan ;)

18. John011

John011 Team ******

0000-0000-0000-0000
    You're a funny guy saying how time consuming having a team it is LOL. I am team leader of the [WC] Wii Chat. I have all the time in the world to play GoldenEye and to live my life. I get member emails, new member emails, war emails and that's it. The WC doesn't need a website cause we use the Wii Chat site. There are 16 members in the WC and growing. If you are dedicating your life to your clan to the point that you have absolutely no time for yourself there is something wrong with you. Join a real clan and that's the [WC].

19. DOAPevuhl

DOAPevuhl WiiChat Member

never said i dedicated my life to running a clan, but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.
    The statement was there would be less time to playing games becuase running and organizing a successful clan takes time.
    16 members is great, but once you venture into multi-platform gaming and having 50+ members it's a tad more than a hobby.
    I have no regrets to sacrificing game time to clan updating. But that's me I've been trained on People Management, and I understand my obligation to my members. DOAP isn't just a casual fun Clan, yes we do fun things and keep it casual as it is just a hobby. But running a Clan is a business venture, as the CEO of DOAP I'm directly responsible for organinznig and operating our clan.
    Perhaps your clan lacks structure and leader building opportunities, which would make sense why you have so much extra free time to play. Obviously you have plenty of time reserved for trolling. I made the thread to help some noob clan owners like myself. If you can't appreciate the help then you don't belong posting here. As "real" leader of a clan I seek counsel and and pay it forward.
    I've seen plenty of clans fail, and I would feel responsible to my members if I were to allow that at DOAP. Again viewing myself as a manager in a business I provide more of my time to enhancing my clan, and not just playing online together. Each clan is different, I'm just trying to provide the opportunity to our clan to be better than just good.

#19 DOAPevuhl, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  20. Skelatoa

Skelatoa WiiChat Member

Hey evuhl,

welcome to the world of clan admins. it can be alot of fun . Hope to see ya'll in game sometime just look for the $$. this is just some friendly advice but look into using Skypa as a means to talk during the game it is so much better than wii speak. By the way give Dragon a smack in the head next time you see him tell him Toa still wubs him he'll know what you mean. ROR....
    Come by and check us out if you want to WWW.savagesoldiers.net we can chat some then. Peace and tubes to ya:yesnod:

$$ Toa

#20 Skelatoa, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011