Before you start a clan read this

DOAPevuhl

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2010
VA Beach
Starting a clan is extremely difficult, and time consuming, so be prepared to stay up all night fixing everything for you members.

Organizing more than one person that's in another country, time zone, lifestyle is very hard. Be prepared to sacrifice your favorite show.

And if you are still sold out on making a clan I suggest talking to other Clan Leaders and finding out how they did it. also:

-You must find 1-4 Clan Members that are as die hard as you are when it comes to making your clan work.
-Creating a website helps give your clan some cred.
-Be at least a 1st stige or have phenom stats, who wants to war with a guy with a .66 kdr? you stats show more than just skill.
-Use multiple forums to expand your network, good luck remembering all the passwords and usernames lol
-Get ready to play less, since I've started my Clan I actually have less time to play since now I'm online here and tweaking our site, generating contests, holding meetings, meeting to chat, finding a chat box, creating rankings, doing this, that and everything else I can't even get online to play!
-Determine what you want to accomplish from your Clan. If you're a casual gamer and you're just looking for good buddies to war with, you may wanna consider just joining a clan. If anything posted above makes you a lil iffy about your new clan, well do yourself a favor and STOP NOW! It's okay to admit defeat lol. and chances are there's a Clan that's been active for a long time and would really appreciate a new member like yourself.
-And guys and gals lets think about the numbers. Theres about 250,000 people on Wifi, everyday 5 new Clans are attempted. This makes the current Clan count in forums over 400. this leaves about 600 people you could potentially recruit per clan, BUT only about 10% of those 600 people are potential Clan Members. That leaves only 60 people per Clan that you can even recruit(and 5 of those 60 are gonna try to make a new clan)! and the chances of you talking to the right 1 of 55 people is really, really, really an obstacle to tackle.

So for all new clans best of luck DOAP is now in it's 3rd week with 8 members already! So guys it is possible, but so so challenging. Good Luck with your Clan! Stop by and hook us up with some love or hate on our Guestbook!

bilieve it or not this belongs in the call of duty section since its not a clan add thread & i come to figure clan are whack theres no real point might aswell just say friends playing wii together

i see your point which is why i've set out to have a not-so-ordinary clan. we're not just friends that play wii together, we have built a small community of people with a similar goal in mind. much like people meeting every sunday for church, or should they all just stay home and call each other?

techincally

the last line of that post it technically an ad i promoted my own Clan so i'm pretty sure this thread is where it should be.

goating?

actually without down right bragging i was simply trying to show new clan leaders, with the right work ethic, can have a good new clan, and actually get members. this thread was written to help potential new clan leaders. i started my clan with little knowledge and know how and i wanted to pass what i've learned to someone else.
i didn't write it to gloat, boast, but to help and exemplify, sorry you didn't catch that.

ur just scared of competition NO ONE CARES ABOUT WAT U SAY clans FAIL sometimes its a life lesson its like wen u throw a party and only ur mom comes ITS A LIFE LESSON

dude, i really dont think you have the experience to create a tut on making a clan, if you were from 1sk or a clan i actully knew of maybe. i cheaked out the website and it doesnt look tweaked. and 8 clan members in 3 weeks isnt that good. so dude close your clan and play some more.

scared???

that's a pretty comical accusation, especially since we're one of the fastest growing clans online right now, and have received multiple challenges from others clans
yes of course clans do fail, when you provide them the option to. the purpose again of this thread (since no one gets it yet) is to try and help new clan leaders.
i didn't imply that this is a full proof ideal for starting a clan, but it would have been nice if i had had someone with the experience and knowledge to help me out when i first started my clan.
ur just scared of competition NO ONE CARES ABOUT WAT U SAY clans FAIL sometimes its a life lesson its like wen u throw a party and only ur mom comes ITS A LIFE LESSON

dude, i really dont think you have the experience to create a tut on making a clan, if you were from 1sk or a clan i actully knew of maybe. i cheaked out the website and it doesnt look tweaked. and 8 clan members in 3 weeks isnt that good. so dude close your clan and play some more.
get this striaght aslong as you have 5 dedicated members your good to go and we are beasts even though dragon dan just gave up on mwr *sigh*we are still beasts and btw itsnot my clan im their top geneeral

f'ing hilarious

close up shop since my clan isn't well known like 1sk? interesting proposition, except you forget one thing.... that's a dumb idea.
and yes the site blows chunks no crap, way to be Mr. Obeservative! check the original post- time consuming- i wasnt' expecting, nor prepared to start my own clan. all i had was determination.
and thank you because a good solid group of guys with like agenda can be succesful.
yeah 9 members isn't huge, but considering the 200+ clans recruiting, i'll pat myself on the back thank you.
so give up cuz someone says it won't work, has only been the catalyst for great minds to break the mold.
i'm glad this thread had attracted sorts of nay sayers, all i gotta say is this - bring it to the battlefield-

this is gloating

So my fail clan has been running for well over 11 months now
we're multi-platform with over 100+ members
have 1 of the best structures i've seen in a wii clan
and we continue to grow everyday
so cheer's to you buddy for your negative comment
looks like i was right when i said nay sayers would only propel our success
oh and just an fyi we're ranked in the top 25 for all COD Black Ops Clans
sure sounds like a fail to me :D

Back