Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin14239

[+] Member
Jan 25, 2012
Mordor
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Tired of playing the same old maps? Well, that's too bad, because Eurocom/Activision aren't releasing new maps.

However... Hackers are.

From what I've heard, there are unused maps stored in the games memory. A group of hackers (I prefer to call them heroes) are working hard at getting these NEW maps up and running and workable enough to play online. So if you run into maps with question mark thumbnails, they're probably brand new maps.

I've also seen videos of a map that's almost exactly the same as the Plant map from GE:R

Relevant links:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/62719466
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/62657879
[video=youtube;ywZE2Vrae4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywZE2Vrae4A[/video]

I've gotten loads of information about these hacks from GameFaqs and thought that I could bring the good news here.

I'll try to update this thread with as much new info as possible!

Last edited:
I came into this thread with my padlocks at the ready, but it seems I was jumping the gun... ¬_¬

If developers don't release unfinished on-disc data as DLC, the hardcore fans sure as **** will for 'em. :lol:

I've also seen videos of a map that's almost exactly the same as the Plant map from GE:R

Awesome. That would be a heck of a map to play GE online on. I hope I get a chance to do it soon.

I came into this thread with my padlocks at the ready, but it seems I was jumping the gun... ¬_¬

If developers don't release unfinished on-disc data as DLC, the hardcore fans sure as **** will for 'em. :lol:

Thanks for not locking this thread. I do like the variety of maps available to us players for GE online, however, if the data for additional maps is on this disc, why the heck hasn't the author made them available in some sort of release yet? The game has been out for almost a year now, right? Props to the peeps who are putting it out there.

^ As Kevin states in the OP, the hackers had to do some programmin' 'n such to get the maps in working condition. Probably fixing glitches, adding in collision data, etc. etc...

In short, it wasn't up to snuff with professional standards as the data was. Perfectly logical why they wouldn't release unfinished maps. Not that they have any sort of excuse excluding maps they had already put some work into. It's not like all that was programmed was just the graphics models or anythin', I'd imagine. They definitely could'a finished it by the time GE was released. Probably. Most likely.

This isn't even anything new. Same shits been done to Black ops Wii && Mw3 Wii.
W/e the case maybe power to the guys behind making these maps possible for the public since the developers are shitty!

Even hackers do something right every now and then.
Still i'm wondering how this map is gonna go public. It's not like a pc game where you could just downoad the patch.

^ Also wondering how this stage hack works... More out of curiosity though, since it sounds like it's definitely gonna work. 'Least from the host's end.

power to the guys behind making these maps possible for the public since the developers are shitty!

Second.jpg

Next thing ya know, they'l figure out how to make host quits less rage-inducing.

From what I understand, the host has to have the codes inputted thru homebrew (I don't hack so I wouldn't know how that works). As long as the host has the codes inputted, everyone should be able to play on the maps.

Next thing ya know, they'l figure out how to make host quits less rage-inducing.

Or, better yet, they will make the controller shock the player who host quits a la Domination from Never Say Never Again.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up guys. The people who found these are not going to work on getting these maps in working order any time soon.

New maps...what a breath of fresh air!!! Wait...not coming out you say...?? Yeah, I wasn't betting on it.

Development of the hacks are on hiatus due to IRL issues by the hacker. Also, other hackers can take over the project, so these hacks will probably be released eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back