Best Urban Legends/Conspiracies?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
There's been an influx in threads on UFO's and paranormal stuff so I was just wondering what people's favourite urban legends or conspiracies were. Which ones have you had the most fun reading about?

My favourite ones are always the songs played backwards (Paul Is Dead etc.), ones on government relations (New World Order, 9/11) and people who aren't really dead (Tupac, Elvis).

The Tupac not really being dead is probably my favorite. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people claiming to have witnessed Tupac eating a hotdog in Jamaica.

Area 51, Bigfoot, Nessie, El Chupacabra, etc.

I don't totally believe all of this, but I'm admitidly a fan of these urban legends.

Well, I mean, Area 51 definately exists, but I don't totally believe the rumors. But I've always kinda wished they were true.

There's so many, I think it's what hurts a conspiracy's credibility, refering to it as a "conspiracy theory". People have this innate desire to fill in any blanks with something. Not that I'm advocating any theories personally, but I was interested for a while in 9/11 conspiracy theories. The only problem is that people misinterpretted them to mean "the government is against you!" or "It was a plan of the New World Order". I just like the questioning. I think questioning is healthy. What isn't healthy is drawing conclusions without evidence (such as filling in the blanks like 'the government covered it up' or even outright denying any possibility of it having it be played out that way).

But my position on 'conspiracy theories' has changed over the past few years. In my opinion, it's not about paranoia, it's about creating stories and excitement.

Cat man
Lives in the town were I'm from.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-x5O6QEejg[/ame]

He eats rats, both his legs are warped because he has been randomly attacked by some people.

Hitler living in the Alps, definitely.

Love two stories that do the rounds here.

First being a friend of a friend was going on a trip to NY, and before she went all her friends were winding her up about it being rough out there and to be carefull not to get mugged, so by the time she went she was pretty paranoid. She was going down the lift in her hotel out in NY and the lift stopped at this floor and four big huge black guys got in, the smaller one in the middle told her to "floor it" panicking, she fell to the floor thinking she was going to get mugged. Then the guys laughed and pressed the ground floor button. At the end of her holiday, when she went to pay for her stay there, she was told her room had already been payed for by a Mr Will Smith, the guy who was in the lift with her and was very much amused by her "flooring it".

Second being friend of a friend who took the familly to Bristol Zoo. Bratty kids ran off and when she finally found then she'd had enough and took them home. As they were carrying the bags back from the car into the house, she could feel something moving in the bag, she opened it and there was a baby penguin in there. They kept it in the bath and rang the zoo and someone came and picked it up the next day.

I always enjoy reading/hearing about the Loch Ness Monster. Also, Bigfoot provides endless entertainment. Some interesting stories about those two.

And playing songs backwards for hidden messages is just plain awesome. xD

Back