Big trouble with my Wii

bobb

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hi, I'm a long time reader but first time poster.
I have my wii since july 2007 and it work really great until now. Since maybe a month when I'm playing the wii turn off, the standby light don't stay on. I have to disconnect it and reconnect it and the standby come on. I can restart the wii but after a short time it does the same thing.

I don't think the Wii is overheating because it is in a free space, far from the tv and other heat sources.

What do you think I should do, and does anybody ever have this problem ?

Thanks a lot.

Warranty?

Have you gone on anysite with the wii?

Sometimes the Wii can recieve bad code from a site, which makes the Wii lock up..

If all else fails, call nintendo and ask them about it, then see if you can send it back...

Psss...If I helped click my green mushroom ^.^

Last edited:
It's still on warranty, I just want to know if somebody already had this problem before.
It's not when I'm on Internet channel or Wii Shop. It's happen when I play any games, Wii Games, Gamecube Games or Virtual Console Games.

Maybe the power cord is defective ?

Last edited:
Okay but have you used the internet channel?
I have experienced a problem were my Wii Freezes then I must disconnect and reconnect it..
Its nothing to worry about..

But for your case..
Call Nintendo, and tell them about it..
Even if anyone has had this problem, thiers nothing they can do..

Default said:
Okay but have you used the internet channel?
I have experienced a problem were my Wii Freezes then I must disconnect and reconnect it..
Its nothing to worry about..

But for your case..
Call Nintendo, and tell them about it..
Even if anyone has had this problem, thiers nothing they can do..

Iy was doing this before I purchased the Wireless adapter.
So I will call Nintendo and I let you know.
Thanks guys.

have you called nintendo already? Mine did the same thing a month ago when I got my wii and it was because of the faulty power supply... I had mine returned to the store and exchanged it for a new one because it already fried my wii.. the power supply was undersized or something like that :wtf:

neiltot said:
have you called nintendo already? Mine did the same thing a month ago when I got my wii and it was because of the faulty power supply... I had mine returned to the store and exchanged it for a new one because it already fried my wii.. the power supply was undersized or something like that :wtf:

Im supprised they had others with the wii shortage

Back