Black History Month

You know what though, can't say im surprised because looking at your avatar you are just a adolescent kid who knows nothing and that goes for whether you are the boy or the girl in that pic.

You should probably give yourself atleast another 5-8 years then re-open this thread because it's obvious you are intellectually incapable of having a true argument aside from random blabber in hopes of sounding correct.

Judging someone based on their looks? Pretty shallow.. unless you're being just as sarcastic as he is.

Wow, now you... you are more than just ignorant you are stupid... A Survey is whatever you want it to be...

You know what though, can't say im surprised because looking at your avatar you are just a adolescent kid who knows nothing and that goes for whether you are the boy or the girl in that pic.

You should probably give yourself atleast another 5-8 years then re-open this thread because it's obvious you are intellectually incapable of having a true argument aside from random blabber in hopes of sounding correct.

I'm just a stupid minority Hispanic who grew up in the south where the test scores are amongst some of the lowest in the US and yet I am by far more intelligent than you.

Ouch. ;)

I've only been taught about this in like year... 7.

Liverpool was pretty freaking huge in the slavery business, but we don't get much. It's mostly just due to Americans being eccentric.

But I'm for Black History Month.

Young people don't have the right to an opinion?

No, it's just a rather easy, yet socially accepted, way of expressing superiority. Taking that route of 'proving' someone wrong rather than actually doing the work is the real childish act, in my opinion.

I wish we had some members of the race in question here. I'd love to read their views.

Here's an easy guide.

Sarcasm is red, real opinion is blue.

I remember discussing this somewhere, but I don't remember if it's here. With the crash and everything, and it being February anyway, may as well start it.

I personally think it's a useless month that hurts more than helps. If blacks are equal to everyone else in every way, why do they need their own special month?

I've seen bulletin boards put up around campus of "inventions of black people". Including masking tape and some brands of makeup.

Who gives a flying feck if it was a black person that made masking tape?

Why not just remember who invented the important things like cars and televisions and not worry about what colour they were?
Oh right, because they were all white.

Set straight about what? That a black person also invented crisps?

I saw a survey once where they were talking about minority something or another.

They grouped Hispanics and Blacks together, and Whites and Asians.

I don't understand how we've shaken off our stereotype and they haven't. I think it's because we can speak English...

^ Yeah, because I really care who invented the potato chip...

Exactly. An entire black history month means we should have a Micheal Jackson Day and an O.J. Simpson Day.

And for the record, I'm against a Gay Pride Week as well.

And I haven't even gotten any hugs off Hug a Korean Day, so I'm not assed about that either.

Well what else is the reason that Asians now get grouped with whites for any studies pertaining to how different minorities are?

Studies is the keyword here. You cannot "make up" a study. There are real facts and numbers and a suggested relationship between them.

It's in terms of the US.

And it's mostly when dealing with financial issues.

It's like the opposite of calling women minorites. They're actually a majority, but discrimination classes them as a minority.

Asians get classed with whites, because somehow they make just as much money.
And they don't have their own month.

Coincidence? I think not.

Wow, you people need to learn to read sarcasm.

And you have it backwards; black people earn less money because they spend months reminding themselves about it instead of working their asses off.

Flamethrower_5.jpg

If it's the length, there were plenty of white indentured servants here before they important Africans.

Why can't we have a humanity month or something? Where important people in general get remembered?

And to those saying that we don't learn about black history...that's all we spoke about.

Survey doesn't mean "Do you think Asians make more money than Blacks"

It means "What race are you and how much money do you make?"

Sarcasm people!

I wish we had some members of the race in question here. I'd love to read their views.

I know of a few off Wiiloaded, I could ask them to post.

There's not even that many non-whites here...

It's the Wii's fault. The whiteness just turns all of them off.

Last edited:
They do if they can speak intelligently upon it and not just immature rambles

I don't think he was. I'm on the opposite side as well.

If adults can't speak intelligently then they still have the right to an opinion, how sad. Who are you to judge who is arguing intelligently or not just because you've celebrated the earth going 'round the sun more? :/

However, he IS digging his own grave.

^Did you not see his post above?

Out of those that I hang out with, some of them feel exactly the same as Morgan Freeman, some aren't bothered by there being a Black History Month, and only a couple feel there should be one to help raise the awareness based on the ignorance that still exists to this day.

You sure it was entirely sarcastic? I wouldn't exactly put it past you to have meant it to some degree. At all. In any event, reeeeally inappropriate.

You sure it was entirely sarcastic? I wouldn't exactly put it past you to have meant it to some degree. At all. In any event, reeeeally inappropriate.

Well, considering that whites were a majority of the western civilization for the longest period of time ie: access to electricity and such, it would make sense that more white people would invent things. As well as the fact that they had access to much better education as well.

I view Black History Month in the same light as Affirmative Action.

It's reverse racism that doesn't really need to be balanced out right now.

meh, I think it could work

Yeah, but you need to get them when they're young when telling them "Blue eyes are better" is actually believable.

i am of indian (and a bit german) origin and yeah there should not be a black history month because it just implies that even after 50-60 years, everyone is not yet equal.

Yeah, but you need to get them when they're young when telling them "Blue eyes are better" is actually believable.
Actually, she did it with adults and it worked. We watched the documentary of it in current issues (not exactly current, eh? xD).

Back