cave of ordeals (spoiler)

brian

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
i'm an idiot and scrolled through the text too quickly. the fairy said something about returning fairies to ordon fountain and that i could return to the surface and find boots that let me fly or something like that. i missed the message other than the bare bones. can someone fill me in on what she said? thanks very much.

dont even bother with that place untill you have beaten just about all the temples because once you go back to the surface, you must redo the cave from the beginning.

what is the prize for surviving the cave??

side note, what do the yellow jelly's that sparkle give you if you drink them? i haven't been able to capture one in my bottle yet.

what is the prize for surviving the cave??

side note, what do the yellow jelly's that sparkle give you if you drink them? i haven't been able to capture one in my bottle yet.

-----------

The prize is that the fairy will be in ALL the fountains -3 fountains around Hyrule- (among with small fairies that restore you ONLY 8 hearts) and she'll give you some blue tears potion (i don't remember the exact name) that restores all your hearts ... so maybe when you finish that potion, the fairy will refill it for you...

The yellow jelly's is for your lantern
The blue jelly's is for your health (but "No one knows what will happen" -it may restore all your hearts, just one, or even take 1 heart away-
And for the red one, I don't know :rolleyes:

i was talking about the sparkley gold jelly. they arent the same as the lantern oil jelly.

The fairy basically said that she's the queen of all fairies, that she put normal fairies at one of the light spirits' springs (Ordona's spring, if this is the first one you talked to in the dungeon), that this is the Cave of Ordeals, and that if you talk to her you can choose to be teleported to the surface.

If you intend on beating the dungeon, you'll need to have beaten the Sky Temple first, or at least you need to have gotten the double clawshot from it. Of course, that's all that is neccesary to beat it. If you're really determined to beat it, I'd suggest getting a few blue potions and bottled fairies, having at least 16 hearts to spend, and having all 3 bomb bags, the 100-arrow quiver, the giant wallet (1000 rupees), and the magic armor.

I have 4 bottles filled with good stuff, all bomb bags, 18 hearts, and all the rest of the stuff mentioned above. And I still can't beat it. To give you an idea of some of the harder challenges, you'll have to beat 2 darknuts at the same time on one level, then a bit later on fight 2 flying lizardos accompanied by a darknut, and on the next level fight 3 darknuts at once. And you have no method of refreshing your health, other than what you've brought (which by this time has almost run out) and the occasional red chu or buried heart, which both don't seem to come around nearly often enough.

Here's a good tip: After defeating the enemies on a level, go into wolf form and look around a bit with your senses. There are some valuable hearts to find, as well as the occasional payload of rupees. There's an orange rupee buried in the first level that you fight flying skulls in (they will be arranged in a diamon formation), and in one of the darknut levels there's a silver rupee buried (can't remember which level :p).

By the way, what's after the level with 3 darknuts? That's as far as I have gotten...

Oh and gzusnw: The red chu jelly restores 8 hearts, the blue chu jelly ALWAYS restores all hearts, the yellow chu jelly does act as lantern oil, and it's the purple chu jelly that will either take away all your hearts but 1/4 of the last one, restore 1 heart, or restore all hearts. I have no idea what the shiny golden chu jelly does, but I'd really like to know :p .

Oh, and does anyone know what's after the level with the 3 darknuts? I'd really like to know.

the shiny golden chu jelly is the best. it heals you 100% and boosts your attack power. i made it all the way to the part where you needed the duel clawshots before i had to go back to the surface (because i didnt have them yet :(). during the entire time, i only used 1 fariy. i went in with only 10 hearts (i had a total of 17 but 7 were gone lol). it was damn hard but damn fun. i wish i didnt have to start over from the beginning :(

i made it to the two knights then i died. didn't have anything to heal myself with. i have biggest quiver, and the bomb bags, but i haven't gotten around to catching the last five golden bugs i need for the wallet.

every time i find a gold jelly i either and no empty bottles, or it mixes with a purple one. there is a gold shiny jelly in the ordeal cave. on the one level where a lot of jellys fall off the ceiling, the golden one is farthest away from the door.

Back