Challenging non-platform game?

gnahc79

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2007
San Jose,CA
So I only have wii play, Elebits and Rabbids right now. Elebits is getting repetitive and pretty boring...not super challenging either. I finished Rabbids recently and it wasn't all that hard except for the drawing and maze ones (draw food, circle animals, marble in the bunny's brain). The bunnies in the bathroom was hilarious, the 2nd one took a few tries with the snorkle bunny. I hoped the shooting levels would actually get difficult, but it was kind of a joke IMO. I'm no hardcore gamer, so I was a bit disappointed with that. My wife loves it though :).

I don't have time for a platform game (work, baby), so what's more challenging out there? SSX blur comes to mind, anything else that's new or incoming?

SSX Blur is a great game. I would recommend getting it. The controls are great once you get past the learning curve. There are 3 peaks. Peak 1 is fairly easy. Peak 2 is a bit more challenging but can be tackled once you get your controls mastered. Peak 3 is a beast. All of the peaks have a ton of challenges and collectibles that should keep you busy.

I'm in a similar boat in terms of time constraints (work, 2 kids under 3 1/2). With SSX blur you can pick it up and go once you have the controls down. I think it would be a good choice.

I'm playing Super Paper Mario right now and I know it doesn't fit what you are looking for but it's a great game and I've never really been into the RPGs. There are enough save opportunities that it's fairly easy to pick up and play when you get a chance.

Also Big Brain Academy is coming out June 11th. I love the DS version its a great non-platforming pick up and play.

try Zelda, that should keep you entertained, its both easy and hard, a good blend of them both ina great game.

If not then i hear heatseeker is good. or of course Godfather...

Last edited:
Back