Cheats Still Work

StepOnfrog

**.: arf . arf . arf :.**
Jan 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
3485-3598-3383-3303
I've just tried some cheats for the old Sega MegaDrive (Genesis) original game of Sonic The Hedgehog on the Wii Virtual Machine. Yes, it all still works!
------------------------------

• Level Select:
    At start screen hit - Up Down Left Right - you will hear a chime;
    On Wii Remote, press and HOLD (A) and press (+)​
  • Crazy Sonic:
    On Wii Remote HOLD (A) and (1) and (2) during the demo mode to sonic do some crazy moves like running into crap​
  • 50'000 Bonus points:
    Complete Green Hill Zone 1-1 or 1-2 in 29 seconds or less to grab said bonus​
To check the equivalent buttons between your Wii Remote and the MegaDrive Controller load up Sonic, press the Home button on your Wii Remote, Select Operations Guide on resulting options screen, Select option 3 (Button Key) from resulting menu... follow onscreen options to get back to game.

** If you don't want to ruin your game, just don't bother using the cheat codes.

I can't remember all codes, but I'm definite sure that there are more than just those listed above. I seem to remember a cheat for a constant 100 rings, and another for infinate lives, etc... Sonic was 1989 (or, thereabouts), which means I'm 18 years older than when I first got playing the game and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, or sex, or alcohol, or women, or all 4 --> I can't remember what I thought, it's that long ago.!

Not, that you need to cheat anyways, but sometimes there just isn't a need to play the first 3 Zones to get to the 4th, and so on..!

Have Fun! :cornut:

Wii know the cheats still work
There all ports so the cheats work

Well, wii didn't... was just being thoughtful...!

Never mind, eh!?

The emulations are great, the -1 world still works in Super Mario Bros. apparently.

Back