Christmas Surprise

PersianCowboy

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Oklahoma City
Wii Online Code
6258-4013-0776-5311
I found this article speculating on what could possibly be our Wii surprise. I don't know if I trust this site, but tell me what you guys think.

http://www.nintendic.com/news/211
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134571
"Wii “Christmas surprise” revealed: free VC games?
Posted in Wii, Games, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Rumors, Virtual Console by Doug on December 20th, 2006 at 3:05

Not so long ago Reggie promised us a “Christmas surprise” for the Wii, and massive speculation ran through the Internets. Browser channel? Mario Galaxy demo? In my opinion, it’s something almost as good and far more plausible than that demo: Super Mario Bros., Toe Jam & Earl, and R-Type are going to hit the Virtual Console on Christmas, for free! (We hope. Doubt is a terrible thing.)

We here at Nintendic absolutely love that price point. This news comes from the NeoGAF forums, with screenshots obtained from switching some things on Firefox and visiting the Wii shop on your computer. ICGamers Wiki guru Messiah checked into it himself, and he says it’s legit, so we’re not basing this newspost on forum speculation.

Please please please stay like this.

Now the problem with this: people say that all Wii games are listed as free before release. This could very easy be that, and that they will be priced accordingly, and that having Super Mario Bros. at all is considered enough of a Christmas surprise for us, so take this with a shaker’s worth of salt."

Oh yeah, Christmas is on a Monday, the same day the VC list is updated.

oooh nice find... If its true, awesome, Now Ill have Super Mario Bros. and 2 games I never really cared for but will download anyways cus they are free

wow just looked that up on the nintendo store and cool, i hope it stays like this :p

One possibility though is that they just didn't add in the price yet. I doubt that they would let a cash-crop like SMB go for free. That could pull in some serious bucks.

Joy.. Toejam and Earl was a good game.. free games for Christmas.. boy Nintendo is really trying to win hearts

free VC games is nice and all but not a huge deal.

An early demo sounds a lot better to me.

Dude I would love Nintendo if they did this. I mean thats a better gift than a Demo (since I can wait for the Mario game and this surprise is over a 20 dollar Value) Lets hope its true

if this is true..

it would be a great idea for marketing as those who havnt tried the shop channel will have a reason to finally try it (without having to spend money)and possibly buy more vc games in the future

JerrodDRagon said:
this surprise is over a 20 dollar Value
a store can sell $1.00 pens for $5.00 each and give them out for free.

Gosh... so negative around Christmas:devil:

Back