Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Codemasters Talks About Formula 1 on the Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo News & Rumors' started by Wii News, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Wii News

Wii News Wii News Blog

[​IMG]
    Codemasters Talks About Formula 1 on the Wii-1.052009-11-11 09:22:00Maura SNed Waterhouse, lead designer for Codemasters’ Formula 1 game on the Wii, has spoken at length to the UK’s Guardian Newspaper about the experience of creating the much-anticipated official F1 game for the Wii.

[​IMG]

“It was a massive challenge,” he told The Guardian’s Nicky Woolf. “We wanted to make sure that for the core F1 fans there were all of the tuning options: the exact circuits; the exact cars; the exact formats of the race weekends. You want to do a 72-lap full-length race on Interlagos as Jenson Button and win the world title. But we’re very conscious that we’re making a game for the Wii, which has a perceived demographic of more casual gamers. So what we set out to do – and I feel we’ve accomplished – is to produce a game that, while retaining all of that tactical depth, is very accessible.”

[​IMG]

When asked if he had been frustrated by the Wii’s “limitations”, Waterhouse said that he hadn’t found that to be the case: “Not at all. I think as a platform to design for, it’s refreshing. It gives you as a designer a new set of challenges. You’re thrown problems which other development studios, doing HD racing games, have got the solution to already. So it was unique for us, and I hope that we rose to that challenge.”

[​IMG]

Can’t wait! Formula 1 2009 will be released on 20th November.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]