controller sensitivity degrades over time

paisleybor

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2011
Hi,

In 2009 I bought the Formula 2009 wii game. everything was going great, but after about 8 months I noticed that the controller was responding less and less to the demands of the game. For instance, I would turn and a fraction of a second later the car in the game would react - now if Formula 1 racing that means you are off the track skidding on the grass. Yes I did change the batteries - without any change.

I then plugged in my second controller - and things were fine, for another year.

Now my second controller has just started exhibiting exactly the same symptoms - my f1 car is skidding off the raceline and into the grass...the reaction time is lagging. And ofcourse I tried new batteries - a few variations of new batteries. No changes. Very irritating as u can imagine.

So - has anyone else experienced this same problem?
Do the Wii remotes just degrade over time?

Is it worth buying another remote? I assume it too will degrade over time.

Thanks

PS. Does Wii tech support read these forums?

I have not experienced anything like that and I have been using my Wii since early 2007. Have you tried different games? It's possible this is only happening in your Formula 2009 (a game I haven't heard of).

And, no, this is a private site. Nintendo does not monitor it as far as I know. They do have an official tech forum through their website and you can certainly call tech support.

Back