component vs rca on a regular tv

dds said:
well i wouldnt say hdmi is better than component i would say there basically equal cause all hdmi is all the component **** in one wire for ease of use
Not really, it might not be true, but I believe, (like somebody else here said, the message below this one), that HDMI is digital while component is analog, so since HDMI is digital, it’s better, not to mention, like I said in my last post, HDMI is DVI in disguise, just a smaller connector and an added audio line so you don’t need to send an audio dedicated line, component is easy too, I mean if you can’t color code, go back to kindergarten
bodtchboy said:
It is my understanding that hdmi cable is digital and component is high quality analog. Is this correct? If so, HDMI cable is superior and its quality does not rely on high grade components like the analog cords do.
yeah, as far as I know that’s correct
rgf492 said:
Yeah yeah, I understand that Nintendo is into gameplay, not graphics. But if I can squeeze out as much graphical power as I can on my Wii (short of buying an HDTV), I'll do it. I got a Wii because I thought that the new controls would be awesome for FPS games (who else here is looking forward to Metroid Prime 3???). But I really need to squeeze some graphical power out of that thing because right now my five-year-old Xbox has graphics that kick the crap out of the Wii's...on an s-video connection. I guess the games will just have better graphics as time moves on, that's what always seems to happen on consoles.
Never said you couldn’t, I just said that since there isn’t much of a benefiet, why waste your money on them?

gamechaser001 said:
Never said you couldn’t, I just said that since there isn’t much of a benefiet, why waste your money on them?
Ah, but there is much of a benefit. Even in 480i it looks infinitely better than the composite connection. Seriously, I tested it out like a few hours ago. Its a big difference.

Back