component?

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2008
I got a gamecube. I know wii does gc games but I need the gameboy player and wii doesnt' do that. I have a gba but on a seeing it on the big screen is also nice.

However on rca cables it looks like I could have a better picture. Not as sharp or whatever. Mine has 2 slots. 1 for standard rca and the other I'm guessing for componet cables to hook to my hd ready 65 inch tv. But I've read they are rare and hard to find. Nintendo branded ones anyway.

So does gameboy player even support component. And if so will third party be ok like this or will it ruin my cube.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-HDTV-...tZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5d2782d291

you never have to by "name brand" cables...they are just a rip off. I buy my cables off eBay. they won't do any damage...my $3.60 HDMI cable works just as well as Son'y $49.99 HDMI same length both gold plated. So get any "brand" cable and youll be fine...

Oh yea just checked your link and those will work perfect!

Just to nitpick (although it could help avoid confusion when talking to others):
"RCA" refers to the type of connector at the end of the wire (a thick center post with a metal sheath around that. It does not refer to the type of video signal passed through it.

Both composite and component cables use RCA connectors. So if you ask someone for an RCA cable then there could still be confusion since they're not going to know what type of cable you mean (component or composite).

Back