Confirmed: Assassin Creed 2 coming to Wii

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2 Coming to Wii?
It's coming sooner than later, and to a new platform as well.
by Chris Roper

April 16, 2009 - Though we've already seen the teaser, which is as good an announcement as any, Ubisoft today made the officially official announcement of Assassin's Creed II. While we already knew it was coming, one interesting bit of info is included within the text - a holiday 2009 release window on all current-generation systems, which reads to us like it's hitting the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii (and probably the PC as well). Note that the first title never hit Nintendo's latest console.

We recently posted some details on what the game will entail, so be sure to check that out if you haven't already. And don't forget to hit up our media gallery for a couple teaser trailers.

Update: Ubisoft has confirmed that the game is also coming to the PSP.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/973/973530p1.html

I already read about this in Game Informer... Considering I'm a huge fan of the original Assassin's Creed (I've played it many times over), if this game holds true to it's supposed non-repetitive gameplay, we'll have an epic win on our hands.

... There's no way in hell I'd ever get it on the Wii, though. Worse graphics, plausibly funky controls, maybe even different gameplay, etc. etc. I'll stick to my 360.

preatty awsome. i never did play assasin's creed. Don't have a ps3:nonod:

It was on the 360 as well, you know; it's the system I own it on.

oh... i thought it was exclusive to the ps3.

well now i just learned something today:)

Would definitely be worth it if it supports MotionPlus.

I have this strange feeling that I'm gonna turn into this MotionPlus addict, where I won't purchase a game unless it has MotionPlus support.

I didn't click the link but to my knowledge Ubi have only confirmed 'coming to current gen consoles' and that the PSP version is a spin off of the first like the ds game.

As I said on Kotaku, I can see a lot of wii fans being very disappointed.

*clicks the link*

Edit: Not confirmed, rumour.

Probably will end up being a rail shooter...

and I like how this thread is titled:
"Confirmed: Assassin Creed 2 coming to Wii"

Yet, the actual article it points to is titled:
"Assassin's Creed 2 Coming to Wii?"

Somehow the "?" at the end turned into "Confirmed" at the beginning...

This was expected
There was talk of a sequel before the first was finished
I already read about this in Game Informer... Considering I'm a huge fan of the original Assassin's Creed (I've played it many times over), if this game holds true to it's supposed non-repetitive gameplay, we'll have an epic win on our hands.

It was on the 360 as well, you know; it's the system I own it on.
It was also on the DS
But I dont think its worth bothering with

... There's no way in hell I'd ever get it on the Wii, though. Worse graphics, plausibly funky controls, maybe even different gameplay, etc. etc. I'll stick to my 360.
We shall see what they do with it

It was also on the DS
But I dont think its worth bothering with

It definatly isn't worth bothering with. Terrible game, really. Just a sidescroller with terrible controls, and terrible stage layout. Oh, and it was a prequel, rather than the original just being on the DS. ... A terrible prequel at that.

No way!!

I'm completely sure Assasin Creed 2 comes to Wii. yeah!!

And I invite all of you Wii owners to buy This great title and support the hardcore games on Wii!!

We together will finally convince these STUPIDS Wiixbox360 and Wiips3 owners to preffer the FAR BETTER Wii VERSION instead the sucky xbox360/ps3 versions.

No way!!

And I invite all of you Wii owners to buy This great title and support the hardcore games on Wii!!

We together will finally convince these STUPIDS Wiixbox360 and Wiips3 owners to preffer the FAR BETTER Wii VERSION instead the sucky xbox360/ps3 versions.

Fail.

But to the sane Wii owners in this thread, more power to you. If they make a decent version and not a watered down port, then it could be good... But lately with all the Dead Space is coming to Wii, you never know if it's going to be the real game or some sort of on-rails inferior version.

C'mon guys lets be a lil down to earth. PS3 and 360 are not gods there were a few games where the Wii version was far better than the HD versions(The Godfather comes to mind).

But I do agree with most of you. When it comes to the Wii port most developers don't even know where to start.:nonod:

No way!!

How do you know its gonna be a great title?
It might turn out to be shite on all formats.

Back