Connecting Wii???

tical

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Hey guys great forums you have here, i will be spending alot of time on this site:yesnod:
I have a question that I hope you can answer. I just bought a Wii and i want to connect to the net. I don't have a wireless connection so i cant pick up the wii that way. My computer is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 router and I have cable. The router is down the other side of the house and my computer and Wii are up my side of the house. Is there anyway I can connect to the net by using my pc? Is there a cable I can get?
I noticed on the back of the Wii there are 2 usb slots, can i connect to my pc with one of them and it will pick up the internet?

Any help would be great, in the mean time i will check out the forums and search a bit more for other topics like this.

welcome, tical. you have two options:
option a: the easier but more expensive method. buy a nintendo wifi usb adapter and you can put it into your computer and it sends a wireless signal out to the wii and ds, so you can play that way.
option b: the less expensive, but less useful method. buy the Nintendo Lan Adapter that plugs into the Usb slot into the back of your wii from the router, so you can play that way, but it doesn't connect your ds.

if you don't have a ds, i recommend getting the Lan Adapter cord (20 dollars), if you do, get the wifi connector usb (40 dollars)

So if I get the LAN cable how do I hook it up? How does it connect to my pc? My LAN card has a network cable connected in it for my net connection, so I hope it doesnt use that.:nonod:
Sorry about all the questions but i have no idea.

Back