Connection Issues: Please Help

reevedmoir

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2008
First I bought a Netgear Wireless N router, since that was not consistent in supplying me with a connection (on the wii or a laptop) I bought a usb to ethernet adapter 10/100. I plugged in a ethernet cable but when I click wired connection it says connection test then when I click ok it immediately says it didn't work.

reevedmoir said:
I bought a usb to ethernet adapter 10/100.

Did you buy the Nintendo LAN Adapter or just some other USB/Ethernet adapter? Pretty much only the Nintendo one works with the Wii.

And why not just use the wi-fi connection?

no. does it have to be? the reason why i dont use the wi-fi is for some mysterious reason only sometimes the wireless registers

reevedmoir said:
no. does it have to be? the reason why i dont use the wi-fi is for some mysterious reason only sometimes the wireless registers
I did hear that someone used a LAN adapter similar to Nintendo's but was different.

First, make sure it is plugged in correctly. Plug in that Lan Adapter you have then plug an ethernet cord into it. Then plug the other end into a LAN port of the router.

reevedmoir said:
the only way a non-nintendo Wired USB adapter will work is if it happens to have the same chipset as nintendo's model...

with a little googling that can be determined... but the savings could be very nominal :yesnod:

Back