Problem-Wired Connection

Baker

WiiChat Member
Jun 27, 2010
Nothern Ireland
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying a Wii and have a wired connection, I only have one free ethernet port, this is empty as I am running my internet on the USB port, so will I be able go online on the Wii if I buy an adapter and plug the ethernet cable into the ethernet port on my router and then the adapter or do I have to run my internet by ethernet instead of USB to connect online on the Wii and have more than one free ethernet port?
Thanks

Let me get this stright. Your router has a USB and one free port. Currently your computer is connected via the USB for it's internet connection, correct? I myself have never use the USB for internet connections, but you could try plugging in the Wii and see if it will work. If not then a simple hub/switch will solve your issue. It'll cost about $15-$20 for a simple hub/switch.

Yeah I run my internet with the USB port and leave the erthernet port free, Will I be able to go online on the Wii if i connect the erhernet lead to the wii lan adapter and then to my modem or does the modem have to have a green light on the ethernet?

Yes, give it a try. The thing is that I'm not sure if the modem can use both the USB and ethernet at the sametime. Thats where you gotta try it. If it doesn't work then you'll need the hub/switch or a wireless router extra ethernet ports. With those units you'll just connect both your computer and Wii using the avaliable ethernet ports.

Back