Controllers

Hailtic

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
Malaga, España
Hi, I have pre-ordered the Wii system for my young son and will probably buy him some Gamecube games to play on it as well..BUT...will I need to buy the normal controller to be able to play these games or do they work with the Wii controller...

Thanks for that Bobby...Is this what I need to buy then ?

b000in0bsu02aa280sclzzzrg3.jpg

thats the classic controller thats used for playing games on the virtual console where you can download older nintendo and sega titles

gh05t said:
thats the classic controller thats used for playing games on the virtual console where you can download older nintendo and sega titles

So he wont be able to play Gamecube games with that controller :confused:

No I think the previous poster was a bit unclear with his response.

Gamecube games can only be played with the Gamecube controllers.

The picture you just put up is the classic controller which can play every nintendo games accessible through an online feature on the Wii except for Wii and Gamecube.

You need the Gamecube controller to play Gamecube games. Classic controllers do not work with Gamecube games.

Here is a chart showing which nintendo consoles can be played with which controller available as shown. Disregard the Wii row. Obviously the Wii games can only be played with the Wii remote unless stated otherwise.
wii_controllerchart-2.jpg

Hailtic said:
Thanks for that Bobby...Is this what I need to buy then ?

b000in0bsu02aa280sclzzzrg3.jpg

That is the Classic Controller yes.

Hailtic said:
So he wont be able to play Gamecube games with that controller :confused:

I thought that he would. I have researched a bit more and found out that he can not. The classic controller is for Virtual Council games.

Sorry about that.

[Edit] Thank you linkzeldagame for clearing that up.

-Bobby

linkzeldagame said:
No I think the previous poster was a bit unclear with his response.

Gamecube games can only be played with the Gamecube controllers.

The picture you just put up is the classic controller which can play every nintendo games accessible through an online feature on the Wii except for Wii and Gamecube.

You need the Gamecube controller to play Gamecube games. Classic controllers do not work with Gamecube games.

Here is a chart showing which nintendo consoles can be played with which controller available as shown. Disregard the Wii row. Obviously the Wii games can only be played with the Wii remote unless stated otherwise.
View attachment 1297

Brilliant...Thanks a million for that info:thumbsup: ...Im glad I asked this is I was going to just buy the classic controller :D

bobby1211 said:
That is the Classic Controller yes.

I thought that he would. I have researched a bit more and found out that he can not. The classic controller is for Virtual Council games.

Sorry about that.

-Bobby

Hey...no problem Bobby...:D

Back