Convert me from Microsoft to Nintendo!

Anty

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2006
Gillingham, Kent
Alryt people, for the past 2 yearsish...i've been playing the xbox/xbox 360...i've loved every minute of it...but now i've seen the Nintendo Wii...boy was I shocked! Defiantly gonna get it, but do you reckon it will be a massive hit like the Xbox?

Also, I havent played a Nintendo console since...like...1996, I need some refreshing, what games are good...what games arnt good...bla bla...

Yeah, enough bout that...

Anty ;)

From all of the speculation and impressions I'm getting from articles, the system will do very well.

Just about any first party game (games developed by nintendo) will be good; mario, metroid, zelda, etc etc.

Nintendo was rapidly becoming a niche console with the release of the gamecube, and older audiences began flocking away. The notion that the xbox is a more 'adult' system seems foolish even to me, but it's becoming accepted by our hyper-masculine culture.

The Wii will retain the younger gamers, make an appeal to older gamers by the innovation and retro downloads, and hit heavily on casual gamers with the low price and pick-up-and-playability.

Nintendo still has a limited audience, but it's much wider now.

Yea form the lokks of everything, nintendo is going the best. Besides, they also have a lower price.

pit18 said:
Yea from the looks of everything, nintendo is going to be the best. Besides, they also have a lower price.

The price will help as well as the Franchise faces. Mario, Link, and Samus. SSBB is going to be a hit.

look at this
quoted from http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1029297

LOS ANGELES: Gamers gave Nintendo’s new “Wii” video game console a hands-down victory over Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360 at the premier video games trade show that ended in Los Angeles.

A random survey of PlayStation 3 gamers revealed that most thought the scenes were more realistic and the machine faster than its predecessor, but not worth the wait or the whopping price Sony planned to charge.

Microsoft’s Xbox 360 is already on sale in the United States for 299 dollars or 399 dollars with a hard drive. The tricked-out PlayStation 3 “wasn’t that big of a jump over the Xbox 360” made by US-based Microsoft, said Jeff Sobol, an independent game publisher from Canada.

In the Wii pavilion, players blurted superlatives with giddy delight.

Last edited:
now if we could just get square to wise up and pull final fantasy from sony i would have zero reason to eventually get the playstation (though as it stands the price must come way down first anyway)

You don't have to be converted X-box can be a friend to Wii. I am getting a 360 this summer and am preordering a Wii as soon as they come avaliable. I am going to pass on the PlayStation for this gen, as I did last gen. Even though I hated not playing the Final Fantasys and RPG's are lacking on Nintendo and X-Box Im not going to get a PS.

I am hoping of course that Wii comes out of the gate and smashes Sony this holiday, also killing X-box's records. Nintendo is going to have to come out with something large though, (What is the secret they are still holding back?). Launching with Zelda and Metroid is a good start to this, If Smash Brothers or Mario make it out before Christmas it could be a very good holiday for Nintendo.

Im not Sony bashing love them generally, I would never give up my VVega but I have never been happy with the Playstation. I am worried that they are more worried about getting blu-ray in the market than they are with games which is kind of scary. I went through 4 playstations and my last one, the mini one, is begining to crap out on me.

I've been a Mirco$oft basher for a while, while respecting Gates and what he's done, their monopoly and faultyware has driven me crazy. Saying that I love how with the X-box and now 360 they are game-centric, everything they do be it X-box Live, or Larger Hard Drive adds to the gaming expierence. Even the Playstation 2 was about selling Dvd-Players, while the X-box was more of a "oh yea it does this too".

As for games the flagship Nintendo titles are almost always a sure bet and the crazy stuff they bring out is always great (Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Elebits looks cool).

Last edited:
I was a huge N64 fan... and then must admit was lured to the Xbox... but I'm not in for the 360 now that I've seen the Wii... I can't wait, I have become in awe of Nintendo for actually thinking out of the box !!! Unlike Micosoft and Sony who have just gone - more speed & more power !!! Just look at the mess that Sony are getting into over their half a job controller !!! I have become such a fan that I bought an GB Advance and now want a DS and Wii - Good Job Nintendo !!!

!!! I have become such a fan that I bought an GB Advance and now want a DS and Wii - Good Job Nintendo !!!

If its not too late i'd recommend taking the gba back if you're getting a ds. the ds can play all the older gb games too

phimuajedi69 said:
If its not too late i'd recommend taking the gba back if you're getting a ds. the ds can play all the older gb games too

But only in single player mode remember, the only downside of course. I've played GBA games on my ds and don't think i'd bother wasting the money on them when the ds games are so much more vivid, 3d worlds, and take up both screens of course (unlike with gba mode).

Thanks for the note phimuajedi... Im waiting for the DS Lite so the GBA is a filler for now !!!

innovation is important

it seems that certain companies believe that making the games look prettier is innovation alone and that this type of innovation will keep gamers coming back....nintendos innovation,which shows the importance of the experience to the gamer,will change the way we PLAY games.i cant wait for the wii. im tired of the same old rehashed games......:cool:

Back