Convince Me to Buy Endless Ocean

Skorp

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
2652-0001-8231-6800
I'm on the fence and I think I'd enjoy the game but not really sure whether to get it or not. Can those who have played the game give me their impressions. I hate to do this but if I could also have your age. I'm 23 and younger people tend to have different opinions on games in some cases.

Also have a few questions.

Can you capture pictures in the game? How many pictures can you store? Can you import them to the wii photo channel?

Can you capture video? I'm guessing not but for some reason feel that I should ask just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks reptar, didn't know about the other thread, apologies.

I'm in the same position as you.

This game looks interesting but I'm not sure whether to buy it or not (I never rent)

It's good that it is not as expensive as most Wii games.

It looks decent if you're bored and don't want to watch that movie you've seen 1000 times but I don't see how they could make it to keep interest.

Thanks for the link, I've watched some videos on youtube and stuff, a couple of those were good but I don't want to watch too many videos cause it'll ruin all the good stuff in the game hehe.

The game is great.. .. .. unless you are preoccupied with highscores and kill ratios.. .. .. it's a gentle journey of discovery underwater.. .. .. no scores, no death, just finding stuff and swimming around. Playing is it's own reward.

It's really difficult to explain why it's a good game.. .. .. yes it's involving, yes it has online multiplayer, yes it's relaxing, but the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

For around £16 online it's not expensive either.. .. .. you'll get at least 20 hours of play.. .. .. and there are enough 'wow' moments to keep you going for longer than that if you enjoy it.

me and my friend bought it the day it came out. it is a great game. it takes time to do everything in the game. unlocking all the logs for all the fish, getting all the gear, doin the quests. its worth the 30 bux. i recommend it. plus u can import your own mp3s to listen to while u dive, altho it will only play 1 song repeatedly while on a dive, but its still cool.

Booo boring. I like to beat people at other games. Thats why I never really got into co-op modes unless im playing with my brother in the same house.

If you're a "reefer" like me, you'll absolutely love it. And by "reefer," I mean "a saltwater-enthusiast who likes to have a piece of ocean in their home." :cool: I have three saltwater tanks and they are my world.

The game is very "chill" and a great game to play when your arm is sore from playing Tennis Wii :lol: The graphics are very good and true-to-life, and while it's not all action-action-action, it's interesting, educational, beautiful and relaxing.

If you have any kids that like to come over and play -I have two nephews and one niece- it's definitely a cool game to have. I'm 21 and I love to play it once or twice a week, when I need something less action-filled.

You do have goals, but no set times to achieve them, and there are things to unlock and discover.

It's already been said, but I'll second (or third) that if you're not sure you'll like it, rent it first. I think you should at least try it. It may surprise you!

Thanks for everyone's help, I ended up taking the plunge, sorry bad pun, but I am completely satisfied so far. I'm not a "reefer" but i am a "reefer", and I gotta say it is amazing. I really need a usb sd card reader of some sort so I can put mp3s on my sd card.

At first you're like wtf, I wasted $30. But a couple hours later you're in awe of how much you can't put the game down. ;)

Its so satisfying to take someone on a dive looking for a specific fish and realize you know exactly which fish it is from the name and exactly where to find it.

I'm so ecstatic right now I'm going to write a review.

I rented 'Ocean' and think its a great game. The price is good too.

Some people could get very bored - but the exploration is fun and there is a backing storyline too.

The game is open, you can do what you want. The play around is pretty large.

Like the other person said, rent it first.

stewart01 said:
I rented 'Ocean' and think its a great game. The price is good too.

Some people could get very bored - but the exploration is fun and there is a backing storyline too.

The game is open, you can do what you want. The play around is pretty large.

Like the other person said, rent it first.

I agree rent it first, but as far as getting bored they keep throwing new places to explore at you that get more and more cool. This is definitely its own genre and deserves are renting at least if you're unsure.

Back