Cooking Mama follow-up heading for Wii

ocdan said:
so then what is sterotyping then??? Say I claim the asian kid down the street can do a rubix cube in a matter of seconds because he's asian or the polish kid is a dumbass in general cuz he's polish isnt stereotyping, its racist?
lemme sum it down via dictionary.com:

ster·e·o·type (str--tp, stîr-) n.
1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.

3. Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.

sex?ism? [sek-siz-uhm] –noun
1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles.
2. discrimination or devaluation based on a person's sex, as in restricted job opportunities; esp., such discrimination directed against women.
And racism is, generally, hatred and discrimination against a race. So... No, your examples aren't racist, they're stereotypist. *Nod nod* Give it up, kid. You can't win against the man that has no brain, but somehow knows his facts. =D

Kumoriken said:
And racism is, generally, hatred and discrimination against a race. So... No, your examples aren't racist, they're stereotypist. *Nod nod* Give it up, kid. You can't win against the man that has no brain, but somehow knows his facts. =D
so then what the previous guys are saying isnt sexist, because what they are saying isnt in anyway deliberatly offensive, but stereotypicle because mothers have been so portrayed as being the houseworker, thats what is imagined by those when approached with a certain term, as in here, cooking.

ocdan said:
so then what the previous guys are saying isnt sexist, because what they are saying isnt in anyway deliberatly offensive, but stereotypicle because mothers have been so portrayed as being the houseworker, thats what is imagined by those when approached with a certain term, as in here, cooking.
It is actually discrimination in a sense. *Nod nod* And it's actually quite funny that you can't actually spell, "Stereotypical", considering the fact that you're trying to define it. =D

ocdan said:
*Nod Nod, Wink Wink, Nudge Nud-.........true, i cant spell aniways lest drop this and telk mure abowt thi we
Ah, I'm surprised, actually. Ocdan, you have my respect. You're the bigger man here, letting everything go. Kudos. ^_^;; Sorry about the whole thing, then.

Kumoriken said:
Ah, I'm surprised, actually. Ocdan, you have my respect. You're the bigger man here, letting everything go. Kudos. ^_^;; Sorry about the whole thing, then.
haha grand, grand I say... Yeah I sorta realised it was all getting out of hand when there's only like 3 posts in this thread about the real topic...

Back