Could I get solid answers? GameCube controllers

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
1. Will gamecube controllers be able to do the job for all VC games, or is the Retro controller needed?

2. Will gamecube controllers and Wii controllers be able to work cooperativly with Wii games?

3. Do Wii controllers work for gamecube games?

er. I asked for solid:crazy:

yes to which part of the first question...

___
____

Basicaly:
With the Wii-mote/Numchuck and gamecube controllers can I play all games?

StevenNevets said:
1. Will gamecube controllers be able to do the job for all VC games, or is the Retro controller needed?
This is unknown at this point. Personally, I think Nintendo will let those who have GC controllers use them for VC games, but that's just my opinion.

StevenNevets said:
2. Will gamecube controllers and Wii controllers be able to work cooperativly with Wii games?
If you mean there will be games which use both GC controllers and Wii controllers, that is unknown. That is possible, but there have been no games that have been confirmed to use both in the same game. Most likely games will use the wiimote/nunchuk or GC controller, not both, but it would be cool I guess.

StevenNevets said:
3. Do Wii controllers work for gamecube games?
No. Wii is basicly a super-charged Gamecube, so it is able to play Gamecube games. While the games are being played using the Wii, they are still Gamecube games that require a Gamecube controller. The Gamecube games can't be played with the wiimote/nunchuk because the Gamecube games were not programmed to be played using the wiimote/nunchuk.

StevenNevets said:
price of 2 retro controllers = xxx??? USD
Well, the price of one Classic controller = $20, so two would be $40 plus tax.
Source

Last edited:
Ok... recap
It's best to expect most Wii games to work with Wii-mote/Numchucks
Gamecube games will work with gamecube controllers
Retro Controllers will work with the VC game

Now... (yes there's more):arf:
Still unanswered, or never asked

Do the retro controllers work with the Wii?
Do the retro controllers work with the GC?

Do the GC controllers only work with the GC and some Wii games? or can it work with the VC games...

Summary: I want to buy 2 sets of numchucks/wii-motes and either 2 GC controllers or 2 retro controllers...
Hopefully that could play 2-4 players on the Wii (for the games that support it)
and 2 players on every other game...

Pfft yea, I'm planning hard:sick:

____

EDIT: Wireless controllers = okay?

Last edited:
bump... hard for me, simple for you?

common you guys know everything:wink:

it was to my understand that there will be three controllers wiimotes for the wii games, GC controllers should you choose to play GC games on the wii, and the retro controllers for all games downloaded via VC, nothing has been confirmed with a "solid" source on any of the questions i dont think, just wait till it comes out and wii will all see together

komio said:
it was to my understand that there will be three controllers wiimotes for the wii games, GC controllers should you choose to play GC games on the wii, and the retro controllers for all games downloaded via VC, nothing has been confirmed with a "solid" source on any of the questions i dont think, just wait till it comes out and wii will all see together
well. my thanksgiving break is around/during my birthday... Would be a nice gift but I don't want to ask for something faulty...

On top of that my parents make me pay for a huge chunk of any big items I buy (although most money is not from working anyhow):aureola:

then WHERE EXACTLY is it from hmmm? o_O are u selling drugs hmmm o_O lol i doubt nintendo will let us use gc controllers for vc games, i mean come on, lets be for real here...nintendo has a good way of making a lil extra................moe-nay!

guess no one knows...
oh well, I'll be purchasing 2 wireless controllers off of ebay..

hopefully they were for VC and most Wii games... if not atleast I could pick up some cheap, good gamecube games (skiped the GC generation)

I think it depends on if developers are gonna sort out controls for GC and retro.

I'd love to play N64 games with the GC controller but i'm thinking it won't be possible.

You can use GC controller for some of the retro games but on others you will need Retro controller for some losses the GC controller doesnt have like the Z button for N64 games.Gamecube controllers dont work with Wii games or vice-versa.

Back