Credit Card purchasing

chuccck

Wii Fitness Age: 22
Jan 16, 2008
Memphis
Wii Online Code
2295-5812-4746-3096
Is there a way to link my credit card to my nintendo.com account so I don't have to enter it in each time I want to buy more points? Or some other way for the shop channel to save my credit card info?

if somebody knows I will give you my card info so you can save it for me.................... HA HA! But seriously, is there a solution here?

uh, no for obvious reasons. They dont want to hear you cry when you max out $10,000 worth of wii points.....

Just buy $20 a few times......I cant imagine you needing more than $200 even if you were a crazy VC fan.

I mean, damn......

not that i know of
probably for security reasons (idenity theft, credit card theft, ect)
someone can steal your wii and max out your cc.

i purchase points weekly, but i agree credit card theft and such plus if your using a unsecure connection someone eles who is piggy backing that connection if smart enough could access your card info.

hope that was a little bit inspiring:lol:

The credit card companies require the use of SSL or TLS to send credit card numbers over the Internet. There is no way a piggy backer can see your credit card number on the network, even if you are using a public wireless connection.

There probably isn't a way to save the info. But i recommend using your credit card everytime. I stopped buying wii points in the stores when I realized I can save a few bucks because there isn't any tax to pay.
But I guess you'll have to stick with putting in all the information every time.

Sorry i thought it was possible, my mum always on about secure networking lol
Thanks for the correction.

When a merchant signs up with a credit card processing service, they're agreeing to a whole slew of provisions made up by the credit card companies. You have to provide a certain level of security for credit card transactions. If you want to store actual credit card data, the level of security you have to provide goes up exponentially. Some merchants deal with the increased security standards to make buying things easier. Given the sales of VC games so far, Nintendo doesn't really need to do that. So they probably won't.

Oh. Forget I said that then. I didn't know you paid taxes on it. Thanks for correcting me though.

Nintendo hasn't charged me any sales tax for Wii Points yet. I'm in North Carolina. I guess it depends what state you live in.

Kryten said:
The credit card companies require the use of SSL or TLS to send credit card numbers over the Internet. There is no way a piggy backer can see your credit card number on the network, even if you are using a public wireless connection.

you couldnt be more wrong.

mikepr said:
Whether you buy a point card in the store or the points straight through the shop, there are still taxes. I bought 5000 points for like $57 :/

i have never been charged taxes buying directly thru the wii. what state are you in? im in CA...

IwataS said:
you couldnt be more wrong.

There are two things IwataS could be referring to here.

1. I too would like to see proof of a credit card company who allows unencrypted Internet transactions. I don't believe that exists anymore.

2. Proof that a piggy backer can see your credit card transaction on a network is in the concept. The only additional restriction an eavesdropper has to figuring out what you're sending is that the eavesdropper will have to intercept the entire set of packets in the encrypted transaction to make any sense of it. At some point in any encryption, there is a handshake and you have to exchange keys. If someone intercepts that, then the rest of the encryption won't do you much good. Fortunately, it's far easier to go down a list of phone number, pretend you're some company, and ask for people's credit card numbers than it is to sit around a wireless access point intercepting everything you come across and trying to figure out if any of it is credit card data.

Back