DANGER to MP3 players!!!

ScottieD

Ultimate GAMER
Dec 10, 2006
outterspace
Wii Online Code
6911-5216-5010-9275
I have recently encountered a new problem from past discoveries that the Wii can't access an MP3 player but only charge it.

Well how it may seem that it doesn't charge it actually drains it!!!
this happened to my MP3 player that was a bran new Samsung tft display, it was totally drained and couldn't work at all major probs. I Had to reset the device and all and reboot the computer to recognize it, but I originally encountered this issue when a friend of mine bought a bran new iPOD one of those clip on shirt type 1 GIG. well he wanted to charge it so I said that he could use the Wii and it even looked cool plugged in, so good that we wanted to take a picture, LOL. well it ended up same deal, drained to the skin and dry. As I told my friend, it's like a dead man inna desert finds water.

So the outcome we both were able to save our devices, but it's just not good to plug anything into the USB port at the current moment.

and yes I am gonna make a report and send it to Nintendo

P.S. Let me know how you guys also feel and have encountered and help prevent future issues..

Thanks,

Scottie

Last edited:
For one, the US?B ports aren't there to charge things. It just happens to be that any usb device that doesn't require a adapter plugged into an outlet, charges through the usb cable. But I have no idea how it drained it unless you left it running while you had it plugged in, which would just be stupid. My wii charges my Zune perfectly.

I've been using it to charge my Zen Micro and Zen Micro photo ever since i got it on launch (11.19) and it's been charging my MP3 player. No drainage though.

well hmm I have no idea how yours just so happens to cvharge but in my cases that's how it happened...

just because your body has holes doesnt mean you should put things in them...same applies for usb ports! (not tryin to flame but its a true/funny sentence)!

wiiCrazy said:
just because your body has holes doesnt mean you should put things in them...same applies for usb ports! (not tryin to flame but its a true/funny sentence)!

ummm yeah.....ahh ok sure thing pal...

well anyways I did this post to make sure people wouldn't attempt to have any more problems....I have a post for the uses of the USB port in the hardware section...take a look @ it...

but thanks for your input on the situation!!!!

Back