NES cart NES (portable)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Ya all should know I like these people that mod simple things and make them really good.
So heres a NES cart NES
Its not on general release but it should be easy to make one if you have the know how

My nesP is basically a noname china brand portable media player, with the advantage of being able to play nes roms, and a nes controller hacked to the controls. First off the buttons on the original media player just sucked, they were so small and tight that my fingers could not easily push them. So I got the idea of modding a nes controller to it, that’s when I remembered about the above mentioned mod, and thought maybe I can cram this inside of a cartridge case with the controller. Well it worked perfect, it was like it was made to fit, I didn’t use any hot glue or anything other than some double sided tape to hold the battery in place. It’s a really tight fit though. It’s got 4gb built in memory, with a sd card slot in the inside so you could expand the memory if needed, and not only does it play nes games, but it also plays gameboy and gameboy color roms as well. 2.8” TFT LCD, built-in rechargeable lithium battery, Video player, MP3 player, FM radio, Picture viewer, Audio recorder, it’s got a camera and video camera (but I disabled them to fit in the case), built in speaker, and the best part… TV-OUT !!! so you can play on the big screen! The unit has 2 additional buttons on the front, ones power, and the other is used to navigate the main menu, basically it’s a ‘back’ button. And there is a small hole drilled in the back with a reset button behind it. The unit has 3 plug ins on the right side, AC power (to charge the battery) Mini USB (to put files on the thing) and the TV-OUT plug. I also spent some time and redid the images used for the main menu and the game selection screen.

Now last thing, this unit cost me a lot to finish, due to going through 3 game cases, 2 controllers, and 2 of the media player systems I used, so to recoup my loses, this thing is for sale. So if you’re interested drop me a PM. Thanks for looking.

[video=youtube;vJXPfznWLPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXPfznWLPU[/video]

mainshot.jpg

Now if only I could get the funds to make things

Last edited:
Wow but I bet that doesn't include game genie and how do you add more games.

Last edited:
awesome find DPrinny. i think i'll give this person a message, have him show me how to make one.

He posted a how to on the Ben Heck forums
Heres a link
Wow but I bet that doesn't include game genie and how do you add more games.
Who cares about using a Game Genie? (aside from you)
Read the post and you will know how

Last edited:
I would imagine roms would be imported via USB or Micro SD. It look pretty good with the cartridge, although I'm sure the sound drives would be terrible. It seems like an fairly straight forward project where the most difficult part would be trying to compress necessary NES components, although it's probably emulator based. Also loading data from an external device would require some technical know-how. About the Game Genie, it would not be hard to imitate either, you may have to mod it though. Figure that, modding a mod.

Really ****in' rad but, seems like it would cost more then a effin' Wii. lol

I would imagine roms would be imported via USB or Micro SD. It look pretty good with the cartridge, although I'm sure the sound drives would be terrible. It seems like an fairly straight forward project where the most difficult part would be trying to compress necessary NES components, although it's probably emulator based. Also loading data from an external device would require some technical know-how. About the Game Genie, it would not be hard to imitate either, you may have to mod it though. Figure that, modding a mod.

The maker of the NESp did make it out of one of them cheap portable NESs that you could probably get on Ebay for a few quid.(Had a quick look
It was just a case of putting the bits inside the cart.
Or you could always use a GameBoy SP and keep the cart slot exposed.

Back