Danica Patrick to Star with Sonic in All-Stars Racing Transformed

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10083-sonic-danica.JPG

Sega has announced that Danica Patrick is set to star in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, a new racing game for all major consoles including the Wii U, where players get to speed across land, air and water in fully transforming vehicles. Real-life racing heroine Danica will be a playable character with customized vehicles in the game; her fellow racers will include the likes of Sonic, Knuckles, AiAi and many more.

“It’s a very exciting experience since I’ll be sharing the screen with such an iconic character,” said Danica Patrick. “I cannot wait for gamers to jump into my customized, transformable vehicles and give Sonic a run for his rings this holiday season!”

“Danica Patrick is one of the most popular athletes in the world and her accomplishments both on and off the track make her the perfect partner for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed,” said Masanao Maeda, President and COO, SEGA of America. “Danica’s involvement showcases the broad appeal of this title – everyone from casual gamers to hard core racing fans will be able to enjoy the fun.”

Danica will also be showing her love for all things Sonic by racing in a custom No. 7 Sonic the Hedgehog/GoDaddy.com Chevrolet, fielded by JR Motorsports, during the O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge on November 3 at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed will be released this holiday season.

Source: SEGA

[video=youtube;uxwW0ofg1Js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUWfXR0-F7MI-TbqikgEdJcQ&v=uxwW0ofg1Js[/video]​

*insert inevitable comparison to Mario Kart here*

To be fair, if it ends up as fun as Mario Kart, I'd certainly be interested in gettin' it. 'Less a new Burnout is on the way...

*insert inevitable comparison to Mario Kart here*

To be fair, if it ends up as fun as Mario Kart, I'd certainly be interested in gettin' it. 'Less a new Burnout is on the way...

I think it should be pretty good as other versions I've played of the game have been excellent. SEGA knows what it's doing with this sort of game.

Back