Dealing with Wii transfer to Wii U? honest questions

Lange

WiiChat Member
Oct 19, 2009
Wy USA
Wii Online Code
5319-3880-1084-7856
Hi all,

Now that it has been shown that we can transfer Wii games to Wii U I find myself with some questions. My Wii still has a lot of life left though I may be planning on a Wii U this holiday season. It is unfortunate that the Wii gets entirely wiped and it doesn't just "copy" the games. Meaning our Wii games will only be useful on the Wii U. Does this bother anyone else? Also, it is still not 100% confirmed that servers for regular Wii games are gonna continue and that we can even play them online on our Wiis or transfer online saves. Sorta a sad deal.

What do you all think about abandoning your Wii data to the Wii U? Are many of you ready to jump on it or are you sad about the change? Idk honestly if I get a Wii U im thinking to just use my Wii as it is and not transfer, really wish you could just copy and keep the data.

Are VC games still going to be released in 480p? Honestly the VC game offering was fairly poor in my experience, many N64, SNES, NES games were not released. Will they pick this up? Will they even release gamecube because right now they are beating around the bush with that. Sad I just invested in some gamecube controllers and memory cards for my wii last year, guess I will just same my Wii for whatever gamecube I want to play.

Thanks all

My Wii I got at launch. It's optical drive is getting louder and I'm worried that it's going to go.

I'm really disappointed that you can only have one console a a time, let alone that gamesaves don't get synced. I think at least the classic NGC games will make it to the VC, but I'm not positive.

Back