Dissapointed with SD Cards and Saving VC Games

Michael Hardman

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Ilford, Essex, United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
4319-4628-5021-9858
I bought an SD card so I could move the downloaded VC games to it, so they wouldn't clutter up the main menu screen on the Wii.

I can't play my VC game sunlease I move them back onto the Wii menu and I dont want to do that.

Am I missing something as it should be possible.

No. The SD card is basically for storage. It's basically an item for freeing up space on the Wii by transferring over VC games you don't intend to play too often to the SD card. Say you were running out of memory on the Wii and you were halfway through Ocarina of Time, but didn't intend to play it any time soon. You could put it on an SD card to free up memory space until you decide you want to put it back onto the Wii.

huh? transfer one at a time, play it, move it back.

not really tricky

alternatively hover over the VC channel you want to move, hold down B button on Wiimote, then hold down A button on Wiimote, pick up the VC channel and move it to the second or third screen to the right ( by hovering over the arrow to scroll the screen right).

ANY channel EXCEPT the disc channel can be moved in this way....

nice tidy main screen and accessible VC content.

SORTED

I'm still not happy, should, stupid, stupid.

I have moved the games to the very last page.

I don't want to jeep moving them form Wii to SD takes time and I don't know when I'll play the games so putting them in one place on a SD card out the way means I could have put the card in a picked a game but oh no they have to be fools.

Small things add up i nthe end.

I want a VC storage channel, then I'll be happy.

is anybody running out of space already?? i have 7 downloaded VC games and still have a ton of space left.. all nice and tidy on the 2nd page

I have loads of space left but I have even more on the sd card and I can't take advantage of it, so its £20 of plastic sitting in my Wii.

I wanted to have the vc games stored out of the way and then when I wanted to play I put the sd card in and pick a game.

Surely thats not too mcuh to ask.

But what about Wii game saves? Surely the SD Card works like a Gamecube memory card right? You just put it in and it saves your game to it. Then you can come back and pick up where you stared without transferring anything? Unless there is a completely separate card for saving Wii games...

MasterJedi2U said:
But what about Wii game saves? Surely the SD Card works like a Gamecube memory card right? You just put it in and it saves your game to it. Then you can come back and pick up where you stared without transferring anything? Unless there is a completely separate card for saving Wii games...

I copied my save data to the wii ran nfs and it said start new game, didnt recognise a thing.

So its sitting in the Wii now doing nothing.

Wow then it sounds pretty pointless to get an SD Card then. I completely agree with you about Nintendo fixing this whole VC game situation. I mean once we pay for them we should be able to download them for free on the next Nintendo system and we should be able to run them thru the SD Card saves. Its useless unless you really need the extra space. The Wii itself will save your game with VC games correct? I guess later in the future when more channels come out I might get one but until then I'm just gonna save everything on the hard drive.

Back