Dissasemble ps3

Check out that hsf, copper heatpipes and all! Jeebus, they shouldn't overheat like previous gen PlayStations... they better not at least!

I'm kinda surprised Sony used thermal paste over thermal pads for the cpu's, much more complex I'd assume... or is that why there is paste on the mobo near the end? :lol: :nonod:

tuned said:
Check out that hsf, copper heatpipes and all! Jeebus, they shouldn't overheat like previous gen PlayStations... they better not at least!

I'm kinda surprised Sony used thermal paste over thermal pads for the cpu's, much more complex I'd assume... or is that why there is paste on the mobo near the end? :lol: :nonod:
huh :shocked: :wtf:

hmm Ken Kutaragi must had been pissed when he found his PS3 Dissasembled!!!

Last edited:
tuned said:
Whoops, I forgot this was a console forum. My bad. What I said was: the cooler for the ps3 is more complex than I would have ever assumed. :thumbsup:
I understood. The benefit of using paste over pads is that paste has fewer contact points, meaning more solid heat transfer. Paste also bonds over time creating an even better conformity. I dare anyone outside the computer or chemistry world to understand that.

Seems like there's a lot of room inside the PS3, they made it bigger than what the inside really is

Back