Does anyone have the Wii Steering Wheel yet?

specialsauce

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
Well, I went to Target today to pick up a copy of NFS: Carbon, and that's all I was able to buy, but I did notice that they had three Wii Steering Wheels down near the accessories. Now my sister/mom want to get it for Christmas, and I'm just wondering who's picked up a steering wheel and played with it. Do you think it's more fun to play with the steering wheel accessory in games like NFS and Excite Truck?

How would the steering wheel even work with Need for speed. Doesn't the wiimote go in with the buttons facing you? Yet in NFS you tilt it with the buttons facing up.

Well, I guess you'd have to tilt the steering wheel flat a little, but it'd still feel the same as holding it up-right. I didn't even notice the difference holding it flat, if I even was when I was playing.

specialsauce said:
Well, I guess you'd have to tilt the steering wheel flat a little, but it'd still feel the same as holding it up-right. I didn't even notice the difference holding it flat, if I even was when I was playing.

That must be why in some other thread you said you don't use the wiimote like a steering wheel in nfs...you were holding it wierd :O.

Hmmm, you may have gotten me mixed up with someone else. :p The only threads I've posted about the controls in NFS were in the past hour, and I believe that I used the Wiimote as a steering wheel, if I ever posted something about it in the first place.

Also, the other thing I had remembered is that it was black. It almost looked like the texture on a real steering wheel, bumpy, with that leather look. I thought the steering wheel accessory was white (from those pictures floating around the internet with the Tennis/Golf attachments), but I guess not.

specialsauce said:
Hmmm, you may have gotten me mixed up with someone else. :p The only threads I've posted about the controls in NFS were in the past hour, and I believe that I used the Wiimote as a steering wheel, if I ever posted something about it in the first place.

Also, the other thing I had remembered is that it was black. It almost looked like the texture on a real steering wheel, bumpy, with that leather look. I thought the steering wheel accessory was white (from those pictures floating around the internet with the Tennis/Golf attachments), but I guess not.

Third party companies make them however they want. But are you positive it was for the Wii?

I got 2 steering wheels...one with Monster 4X4 and one with GT. They are both the same Ubisoft wheel...same one I saw boxed separately at Target for about $19.99.

The plastic snaps together and then you slide the Wii-mote into the center with the control pad on the left and the 1-2 buttons on the right. The wheel faces you like any steering wheel would. The Wii-mote completely functions within the wheel for those games. I do have to slide the Wii-mote out to use the Wii-selection options (the hand on the screen) but these games use the control pad to make selections during the game and that works fine.

Good point..what to call it

You are absolutely correct...it should be called a Steering Wiihl or Wiil or Whiil. :D

paintba||er said:
All it is is a little piece of plastic t
hat it clips into. Its not like it will only work with GT Pro because it doesn't even do anything but let you hold it in a different way.

Yes it does, because in NFS, you hold the wiimote and tilt it with the buttons up, in gt pro you tilt it with the buttons facing you.

Back