Dont want to be Pest!

sebby

WiiChat Member
Mar 9, 2008
I just got my wii 2 days ago and I am not totally sure on how the wii friend code system works(I am used to the xbox method). Can someone please explain to me how this system works and whats the benefit of adding friend codes. Also where do i input these codes?

Well, for SSBB, your FC is given to you when you first login. Otherwise, you can check it by going into the Play With Friend option and then Friends List.

From there, just post your FC in the SSBB FC exchange thread (up above). Then, go through the thread and start typing forumites FC's into your Friends List in SSBB. Once you add them, send them a PM (through this forum) to let them know that you added their FC and that they should add yours. Once both people have each others FC's uploaded in SSBB, the two people can play each other.

Essentially, the whole system is a big time-wasting, tedious joke. The concensus is that it is hoped that it will be removed someday.

However, for this game, it's pretty much necessary as the Play With Anyone option is an even bigger joke. That mode isn't even worth playing.

So long story short, start building a Friends List and play friend games. Hang out in the forums, get to know people, and friends matches will become even more fun.

Yeah, friend codes compared the Xbox system is real bad. Basically, each game has it's own friend code(to find the 12 digit number for Brawl, go to Wifi>Play With Friends>Friends List). You give that number to a friend, and they give you yours. Once you both add each other, that's about it.

So essentially everytime i add a person to my friends list they have to do the same thing? In other words, i have to send X amount of pm's for X amount of friend request sent? How long does this take?

sebby said:
So essentially everytime i add a person to my friends list they have to do the same thing? In other words, i have to send X amount of pm's for X amount of friend request sent? How long does this take?

Yep. And FC's are different for every Wii game. The only game that doesn't use them at all is Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Although, every other online Wii game has good random (Play with Anyone) modes; SSBB is the only game I've bothered to build up a friends list for, as the random match mode is worthless.

As for how long it takes...a while. To get a full list of 64 friends, it'll take maybe two hours. I hope you have a laptop or a computer from which you can play your Wii. That way you can plug the FC's in while looking them up on the computer.

I recommend sticking only to players that are in your general area of the country, as that'll keep lag to a minimum.

Wii # is different from Friend Codes.

Wii # is the long number you find in the Wii message board, you give that out to other people that you want to add as Wii friends, and then you take their code and add it. This way you can send messages, and you will know that it works if you can send messages.

As for Friend Codes, thats the code that comes with a game. You need to get someones Game code to play online with them, and they need yours to register yours as well, especially for games like Brawl.

So you need to PM users for their Wii numbers if you want to add them to Wii, here is the thread for those numbers (last pages contains post from new members to the forum so adding them is your best bet) just be sure to PM them telling them you added them to your Wii and give them your code as well to add you back:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/25377-share-friend-codes-here-page616.html

And if you want Friend Codes for Brawl they can be found here, do the same with the Wii numbers regarding PMing members for best results:
http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/53867-ssbb-friend-codes.html

Okay i dont know why nintendo would do this, and u say theres a maximum of 64 players allowed on ur list? My best option is to copy and paste the FC to a notepad print it and read it when i relocate to my room.

CantGetAWii said:
Wii # is different from Friend Codes.

Wii # is the long number you find in the Wii message board, you give that out to other people that you want to add as Wii friends, and then you take their code and add it. This way you can send messages, and you will know that it works if you can send messages.

As for Friend Codes, thats the code that comes with a game. You need to get someones Game code to play online with them, and they need yours to register yours as well, especially for games like Brawl.

So you need to PM users for their Wii numbers if you want to add them to Wii, here is the thread for those numbers (last pages contains post from new members to the forum so adding them is your best bet) just be sure to PM them telling them you added them to your Wii and give them your code as well to add you back:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online/25377-share-friend-codes-here-page616.html

And if you want Friend Codes for Brawl they can be found here, do the same with the Wii numbers regarding PMing members for best results:
http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/53867-ssbb-friend-codes.html

where can i find my Wii #?

Go to your Message board and click the register friends option and you should see your Wii #.

Back