Doubles Matches Tackle Spammers beware!

AvariceX

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
After playing some wifi ranked doubles matches with my friend, we noticed that almost all teams have the same strategy. One player does all the passing and shooting while the other just spams tackles to clear the field. Well after one game where the postgame summary showed our opponents with 78 hits, my buddy's reaction was "that's 78 items we could use". So we did that next game, we used something like 50 items, and completely dominated the match. This trend continued for most of the night.

So just remember, tackle spamming might work if people don't catch on, but once they see the postgame summary and think to spam items in return, you'll be in for a paddling.

AvariceX said:
After playing some wifi ranked doubles matches with my friend, we noticed that almost all teams have the same strategy. One player does all the passing and shooting while the other just spams tackles to clear the field. Well after one game where the postgame summary showed our opponents with 78 hits, my buddy's reaction was "that's 78 items we could use". So we did that next game, we used something like 50 items, and completely dominated the match. This trend continued for most of the night.

So just remember, tackle spamming might work if people don't catch on, but once they see the postgame summary and think to spam items in return, you'll be in for a paddling.

I play almost entirely doubles and there's an even more sure way to beat that strategy. A doubles hit spammer team commonly has 1 person assigned to hit, ie, a sole Monty Mole. Just take your teammate and spam that one player into the fence. Then you're free to run around and they're jarred because they can't do their basic strategy. This cuts down on wasted items (like say, when they're hit spamming you and you can't use your items fast enough.)

I would love to play against a tackle spammer! 95% of the time I get a goal with an item, what ever item it is.

I've played against someone with my Bro a few times, and all they did was tackle with one, and shoot with the other...just like the rest of you guys before me having the same experience.

Even during single player games online.
I faced one guy (he was using Bowser), and there was about 30 seconds left. And he must've been tapping "A" every half a second, and flicking the remote constantly. Because all his players were doing were checking and the number, which indicates the player he's controlling, was switching to all his players every half a second. and I could never score, I couldn't move anywhere on the field for God sake either. He was just flicking and checking and switching:mad2:.I couldn't even get a shot off...It was a real piss off cuz he knew he had a goal lead on me (4 to 3) so he knew if he had all his players checking me, I'd never get a shot off or even a deke in to tie up the game and have a chance at winning:mad5:!

God he pissed me off, I was almost ready to disconnect...but I swallowed my pride and stuck it out. Although I didn't enjoy the loss:rolleyes:...

I know your pain guys...I know it all to well:(

Last edited:
Back