Drive Doctor

jowii

Neurological Phenomenon
Dec 8, 2006
Quick question to all of you mod heads out there. I am interested in trying out the Drive Doctor that recently came out from Datel. It says that it requires some soldering, and I have absolutely NO soldering experience. Is it easy enough to do that I could try it without screwing up my Wii? Thanks for the help!

-J

jowii said:
Quick question to all of you mod heads out there. I am interested in trying out the Drive Doctor that recently came out from Datel. It says that it requires some soldering, and I have absolutely NO soldering experience. Is it easy enough to do that I could try it without screwing up my Wii? Thanks for the help!

-J

Good Luck, waste of time, get a mod chip instead :scared:

I did some work on my Wii with 0% experience in soldering. It's a question you have to ask yourself, do you trust yourself to kill your wii? I got through it just fine, I did my research, practiced before doing anything, and opted for a wire install. As it's much safer procedure as far as easy removal incase things go sour later.

Besides, Nintendo is modifying the drive chips so that it's really hard to mod now. Unless you wanna do this :yikes:

[MEDIA]http://www.atvgc.com/forum/attachments/month_0705/20070525_4f36634031fad02fd6d1bW0Qt0tsXiag.jpg[/MEDIA]

You are probably right. It scares me because D2C has been out in the wild for quite a while now and I have yet to see any news!

Regarding the cut legs I think its a good thing. Hear me out. It keeps people who aren't skilled enough to modify the system from screwing it up. On some of the other forums there are many posts from people who burnt components or ripped traces off the board while trying to mod (never having soldered before in most cases)

Back