DS Browser

I came here to post the same question pretty much...
I'm definitely getting it. The main reason being that there are a lot of times I turn off my monitor at night, turn off all my lights, get in bed, get comfortable, only to realize I forgot to check ONE thing I was curious about on IMDB/Wikipedia/whatever... then I can't fall asleep unless I get out of bed and go look cuz the one nagging thought of feeling like I HAVE to go see. Now I'll be able to just reach over and pull up whatever it is on my DS. I think it might be a little less usefull for anybody who owns a notebook computer, but even then, depending on what you think of spending $35 or whatever you plan on using the browser for, the DS most likely won't take as long to start up and get to wherever you need to go as opposed to starting up a notebook from bed or wherever.
I guess it's just a lot of little things that way, but I'm wondering what its capabilities will be. If it's just like the Wii one, that'll be plenty enough for me. I don't need to have too much in it. Even Flash would make me happier than I'm expecting to be. Bottom line, it's one payment of $35 to never have to get out of bed just after going to bed every damn night.
Oh and not to mention Mondays when I sleep in and just wake up for a second around VC update time and curiosity keeps me awake haha

im getting it for the same reason as above. but im having second thoughts because i get my Helio next week. and that can do that exact same thing. but deff pick it up itll be fun.

all i know is that im definately gettin one. to me, internet was the only thing the DS needed to be the perfect handheld system. yea, i know the psp has internet too, but the psp sucks!!!:yesnod:

Look up DS Browser on Wikipedia. It doesn't help a whole helluva lot but check it out and click the sources for some info on Flash. I'm still not totally sure cuz it looks like Nintendo has confirmed it in customer support e-mails but they've also removed some details on the product page or something. I'm kinda confused. Like I said, though, either way I'll be getting it.
As far as the European release... yeah it does sound like that one's a little weak, but we gotta hope that the US version isn't just a US translation and they used this time to also upgrade it a bit. It SOUNDS like Flash will be included but I dunno how much that'll matter. Even if it has Flash, YouTube would be pretty demanding on the DS considering buffering etc.

Tim the Elite said:
youtube does not work on ds browser and i highly doubt that the usa will get a different one from the europeans
it doesnt?? dammit, that was one reason i wanted to get it

yep flash anything wont work for the ds, buuuuuuut i plan on getting the browser till i can afford a laptop for my dorm.

Back