DS Lite or not???

bobdingley

WiiChat Member
Feb 10, 2007
I have been debating about this for a while and i am still not sure, i would like to get a DS but is it really worth getting.

I know that posting in a DS forum is going to give me a bias answer btu hey, i jsut want to here what good things there is about it and if there is any downside that may make me think twice about getting one.

Games i would like to get are;
Diddy Kony Racing DS
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Super Mario 64

any comments on these games would be appreciated as well

thanks

Well the good things about the DS:
~Portable, you can take it wherever you want and play it whenever, you can play it when you wake up, when you're in bed, when you're at school/work lol.
~Pokemon is the greatest RPG battling game ever made.
~Wi-Fiable. I actually play at school.
~Connects wirelessly to other DS's and also the Wii.
~Can play multiplayer with 1 game in lots of cases.
~Many tournaments for stuff like Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart: DS, Tetris DS and soon to be Pokemon DP.

Bad stuff:
~Well graphics obviously aren't as good as any console / PC.
~Small screen.
~Harder to control for some people, especially stuff like aim in FPSs.
~Not as easy to Multiplayer than say a console; you need friends with DSs unless you have Wi-Fi.

All I can think of now. Obviously me being a DS owner (esp. getting one for free) would recommend getting it.
Gamewise:
Well I think you mean New Super Mario Bros not the N64 game Super Mario 64. That game has had real good ratings and the highest selling DS game before Pokemon DP. If you like long single player games I guess it'll be really good, I haven't played so I don't have much to comment sorry.
Diddy Kong Racing: Well the fact that everyone plays MKDS there are a lot less people who play this. I don't know if this is from advertising, reputation or just plain gameplay. Can't really comment here. I know that on N64 it and MK64 are on pretty much equal footing. The cool think with Diddy Kong Racing on N64 is the choice of vehicle, not too sure if it's like that on the DS.
And finally if you do buy a DS, GET POKEMON! It is a must.

The advantages and disadvantages have already been mentioned above so I will personally say that it is worth getting the DS lite. The good games from the list are Super Mario 64 and Pokemon. I have heard bad reviews of Diddy Kong Racing so you may just want to get Mario Kart instead.

Get a DS Lite man! Its really fun! Get the Pokemon game also because it is yet the coolest game for the DS!

I've been gaming for over 20years but would still class myself as a casual gamer. The DS is ideal for pick up and play whilst their are tons of games for people wanting that little bit more. Grad yourself a slot-1 R4DS/M3Simply and it will totally transform the DS, email, websurfing, media player, media streamer, ipod clone, emulators - the list is nearly endless.

Best 100gbp I've spent in a long while. A good test is that most of my family use it when they come round ranging from 5yr olds to my parents (50yr+) who have never 'gamed' in their lives and they love it.

Do yourself a favour plug yourself into a ....errr.....Nintendo DS.

Here's some fun games:

New Super Mario Bros.
Star Fox Command
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario 64 DS (mostly a re-make, but extra minigames makes it better)

Maybe Pokemon D/P. I don't own it yet so I can't say

bobdingley said:
What do you mean by slot-1 R4DS/M3Simply??

its a DS game cart with a microsd card slot which fits in slot 1 of the ds. This allows the applications to be run on the ds. Google R4DS or use the search facility in this forum. Got mine for 16quid and 17quid for the microsd card.

Well i got my DS on Tuesday and i must say, very impressed, when i first saw it i was a bit skeptical but hey, i had money to burn. I still got Diddy Kong Racing seeing as it was a wiked game on the N64 but it is really just a remake with a few extras (such as throwing frogs across the screen :D) but i have bought it, definately going to get Pokemon now

get the DS!!!!
more people are getting them. eh, as u can see on some
of the reviews..... over 10mil copies have been sold.....
the number isnt there for no reason man.....GET the DS!!!!!

also get the pokemon D/P game. It's awesome!

Back