Ds Online

Well, Each game is different. For instance, right now Pokemon Diamind / Pearl are the most played games using the Wifi- connection. Wifi is wireless internet usually from your modem. I went to best buy and got myself a nice cheap one. For your wifi experience, you will need to give your "Code" for instance for pokemon Diamond/pearl, It is a 3 4digit code. ex. 1236-4564-1122 If that is your code, you will need to give that code to someone, and they will need to give their code to you. Once you both have eachothers codes. you will be able to Trade/battle/ chat through the DS. all those functions are only through Pokemon Diamond. Other games have Wifi, but the best one atm is pokemon. I'd say more but I have to go =) hope I helped.

Yeah thanks, I'm not new to online things anyhow, I have a router and my Wii is connected, me and my friends exchange miis and so on. So, I understand about multiplayer gaming on the DS over the internet but what can you do on the internet on the DS without a game in it.

Without a game in the DS slot, you can't do anything online unless the cartridge has "DS browser" written on it. You need a game like Mario Kart DS to enjoy the online functionality properly.

Last edited:
I was pissed when I thought that Pearl/Diamond only needed friend codes for online battles. I nearly lost respect for Nintendo before a friend informed me on the battle tower. That made me feel stupid :crazy:

Can't you battle on games with random people around the world or do they all need codes?

If you're talking about Pokemon you don't need friend codes unless you want to challenge someone. Once you beat the Elite Four in the game you can go to the Battle Tower and have fights with people around the world.

Edit:
And if you meant with all DS games then there are games that don't need friend codes. I don't think Mario Kart needs them. Metroid and Lost Magic don't either. Some do need friend codes though like Animal Crossing.

RDBRaptor said:
If you're talking about Pokemon you don't need friend codes unless you want to challenge someone. Once you beat the Elite Four in the game you can go to the Battle Tower and have fights with people around the world.

Edit:
And if you meant with all DS games then there are games that don't need friend codes. I don't think Mario Kart needs them. Metroid and Lost Magic don't either. Some do need friend codes though like Animal Crossing.
oh right, sounds good, makes me want to buy one even more!

I think the best way to see what games are WiFi enabled is to go to Nintendo's site. Somewhere in the DS section, you can click on the WiFi logo and it lets you choose to list all WiFi enabled games. I only just got my DS myself and like some other people have said, I actually haven't really played my Wii since I got DS. I got to the last chapter in Super Paper Mario about 3 weeks ago and haven't touched it since. :yikes:
As far as what people have said about friend codes, you don't *NEED* friend codes for most games. You can play random worldwide opponents, but it's a bit limited to how you can communicate with them or other various options.
Another good place to check out for a lot of info is Wikipedia (of course) and just look up Nintendo WFC.

Back