Dvd?

craigk_c19

WiiChat Member
Mar 31, 2007
can you watch dvd on the wii? just wondering would be a lot eaiser then unpluging my wii then having to plug all the dvd stuff in so dose anyone know if you can watch dvd on the wii?

yeah but i cant ever find crap about this stuff on the web thats why i ask here and why i joined here b/c its a lot faster and more reliable

Haha, I hate to burst your bubble, but forums are rarely reliable.
Generally, looking for help on a forum is like asking a group of people a simple question, then having them all disagree and proceed to call each other many a foul name, most of which rhyme with "uckface" or 'ithead"; all without ever answering your question.

With that said, I think that, while it wasn't designed to, nor should it be expected to play DVDs, maybe if enough people complain about not having enough ways to watch DVDs then some magical fairy will appear and *POOF* turn all the Wiis into magical DVD playing devices. Yay!

yes, the wii can play dvds. All you have to do is insert your dvd, go to the options menu, click on data managment, wii settings, go to the last page, and click on Format Wii System Memory. This will reset the wii to the original factory settings, which happen to have dvd support. They took it out last minute because they just decided to release a new wii with said hardware, and just load a new program onto it to play DVDS.

no the wii cant play dvds. if you need help finding info, check the search bar. Or try www.wikipedia.com

Back