DVI to Component Adapter, will it work on Wii?

Wildside

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
im trying to help a close friend of mine out, he lives in a dorm at UC Merced n none of his roomates have HDTVs *or any TVs* to use his component cables for his Wii. Would this device work for Wii n have his L n R sound plugs plug into his speakers if he can?

if not, then i need help looking for a DVI to Composite adapter so he can get video n sound. As far as im concerned, if the DVI to Component adapter does work, it's likely he wont have sound *not sure what kind of speaker he uses, have to ask*.

anyone tried this yet?

EDIT:

*forgot link to adapter*

here is one adapter i found on newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814999903

EDIT 2:

just looked on pricewatch.com, n i cant find anything on Component to DVI or DVI to Composite or Composite to DVI adapters or cables, so.............no dice on looking for DVI to composite adapters because unfortunatly, THEY DONT EXIST!!!!

Last edited:
No, that won't work. That's designed to plug into a video card and run cables to a component input on a TV (pretty much the opposite of what you want). However, I found this at newegg, and it works great, and supports HDTV and widescreen. Looks beautiful.

astrophysicist said:
No, that won't work. That's designed to plug into a video card and run cables to a component input on a TV (pretty much the opposite of what you want). However, I found this at newegg, and it works great, and supports HDTV and widescreen. Looks beautiful.

o i c, darn it then. I'm trying to help a close friend out who lives in a dorm at UC Merced *CA* n none of his roomates have any TVs to use his component or composite cables.

o well, darn it, thx for clearing it up.

Back