EA Games Label Head Says the Wii Has “Faded Away”, Hints Nintendo Readying Wii 2

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Yet another industry heavyweight has been dropping hints that Nintendo might be readying the Wii 2. IndustryGamers recently interviewed EA Games’ label head Frank Gibeau, who spoke to them about the Wii fading away from its once mighty position of “the biggest entertainment platform ever”, as games publishers concentrate more and more on the HD consoles. However, it’s not all doom and gloom for Nintendo as far as Gibeau is concerned, quite the contrary, in fact, as clearly he thinks Nintendo has something interesting up its sleeve!

“They’re coming back with a second act,” he told IndustryGamers, speaking about Nintendo. “I think they know that. They’re very self-aware as an organisation and a very powerful brand.”

Gibeau also referred to the Wii as a “legacy console”, like the PS2, really hammering the old nail in the coffin there, and he also cautioned Nintendo to do more to make the next Wii, whenever it emerges, more accessible to third-party developers.

That may be true, but I don`t like EA, as a company, to come out and say this... Name a single EA decent game for the Wii... I can`t.

Ok, I thought in Rock Band at first, but then thinked that it was an Harmonix game, but you are right, NBA Jam, I didn`t like they take the exclusive away, but it`s also a good game, I don`t know about Dead Space though, error assumed but I was thinking in the Sims 3, My Sims, and other s*** and the fact they are always sobbing about the fact that is very difficult for a third party to sell games on a Nintendo platform, but as I say Error acepted xD

Mar its EA, and they are really crap.

For every game they bring out for another publisher thats good they bring out 10 bad ones

Back