Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
(Currently)
Anybody else reminded of the Dreamcast?

For what its worth, EA dont half release some crap, but its crap that sells
On the bright side, less bloody ports

i wasnt a gamer when the dreamcast died...so no i dont remember

but looking back its very different...sega was coming off of a lot of flops...32x,segacd,saturn,game gear,nomad..also sega didnt have the big money maker ips like nintendo has (mario,zelda,wii sports,wiifit)..also nintendo has successful handhelds to make some needed money.
and lastly...the dreamcast was using a last gen medium (CD) when everyone was using some form of DVD....the wiiU uses blu-ray like everyone else will.

Last edited:
Your weren't there man, you weren't there

The Dreamcast used GD-roms (up to a gig), at the time every disc based console was CD.

I wouldn't call the Saturn a flop, it had some good games on it, not a big of a flop than the Virtual Boy..................

Your weren't there man, you weren't there

The Dreamcast used GD-roms (up to a gig), at the time every disc based console was CD.

I wouldn't call the Saturn a flop, it had some good games on it, not a big of a flop than the Virtual Boy..................
GD rom? hmm i didnt know. thats still bad...the gamecube had minidvds that could hold 2.5GB

dreamcast was competing with the gamecube xbox and ps2....not the ps1 and n64...so it did have outdated disc medium.

sure the saturn wasnt as big a flop as the virtual boy...but they canceled it so fast that they couldnt have made much money on it.

GD rom? hmm i didnt know. thats still bad...the gamecube had minidvds that could hold 2.5GB

dreamcast was competing with the gamecube xbox and ps2....not the ps1 and n64...so it did have outdated disc medium.

sure the saturn wasnt as big a flop as the virtual boy...but they canceled it so fast that they couldnt have made much money on it.

Sigh,
GameCube discs where mini DVD. 1.4 gig
GameCube and Xbox came out a short while after the Dreamcast ended its production run (and unlike the other consoles still gets new games)

Its major competitors where the N64 and PS1, PS2 came out about a year afterwards, Sega enjoyed Sonys lack of PS2s
URL]

They didnt cancel the Saturn till late 98 (Japan still had games coming out for it last UK one was Deep fear)
The Virtual Boy didnt even come out all over the world and is one of the biggest failed consoles of all time. (Not a good thing).

the Dreamcast also had one major problem copyright issues, im many cases a game could be put on a normal CD-R and played (few games went over 700Mb)

Please, check facts before posting

Reading among your guy's comments, wasn't the Dreamcast was easy to hack? And so was the disk?

Oh, EA hasn't been the same after 2006. Last time I played an EA game was Need for Speed Underground. Good times.

Nope, no modding required to play back-ups, and so the Dreamcast has a lot of homebrew games.

Reports of ISOs for it having things taken out so they fit on a 700mb disc(Endings, music. FMV)

This thread has taught me some history in the realm of vidya gaems.

... What? EA? I've not a single **** t' give.

This thread has taught me some history in the realm of vidya gaems.

... What? EA? I've not a single **** t' give.

Well, The Nintendo vs EA controversy continues. I'll say this: &^%$#@ shame on you EA!!. Nobody of your fans will buy your games anymore!!
We don't need this crap company, or those third-parties that plan to leave the Wii U. We HAVE A GROWING INDIE DEVELOPER COMUNITY, and then they will make the Wii U successful and after that they will start to DEVELOP THE AAA GAMES EVERYONE WANTS!!, REACHING (IF NOT SURPASSING) THE BIG THIRD-PARTY PUBLISHERS AND DEVELOPERS.

Is ony a matter of time when they OVERTAKE the traditional game developers.

RIP EA!!

Problem is, for however bad EA is, people buy EAs yearly ****.

EA know that Nintendo are not fully DLC enabled, so they might be shying away due to that.

You want Inde games?
Get a Android device, Raspberry Pi, Ouya or PC its thriving on them

^Games with out loads of DLC, Nintendo are keeping it low right now.

Newest thing in bullshit DLC
Metros hardcore mode locked unless you preorder or pay for it

Saw that there Joe of Angry-ness rant 'bout it.

Speakin' of DLC, that Super Weegee DLC for SMBU is $20. Opinions?

Back