Email videos to Wii???

pantherfan

I like my Wii...A LOT!!!
Mar 1, 2008
Is it possible to Email videos to wii and if so what format do they need to be in?

PS3 plays WMA's and MP3's right off a flash drive and you can save em right to the hard drive if you want.

Dont know what you can do with Wii, but its probably blocked or something to keep those children safe god love em!

If you have a movie on an SD card and you stick the SD in the wii, it can play the video. You can save video stills, just not the actual video :(

so you can play videos off the sd card? What format?

The Wii has no facility for receiving emails, only 'messages' from people in your address book...so it's not possible unfortunately.

yes its possible, now you can click links inside messages so just upload the video onto youtube, or other video uploading websites and send the link to the wii address, but ofcourse you will need the internet browser to view them.. sorry, video cant be saved/read from sd card or memory from an email

Jay588 said:
yes its possible, now you can click links inside messages so just upload the video onto youtube, or other video uploading websites and send the link to the wii address, but ofcourse you will need the internet browser to view them.. sorry, video cant be saved/read from sd card or memory from an email
ya first upload a movie you want on youtube. then go on the internet and search the video it actually loads pretty fast i was surprised. but you can't save them actually on your wii

smck75 said:
The Wii has no facility for receiving emails, only 'messages' from people in your address book...so it's not possible unfortunately.

You can add outside email addresses to your Wii address book, but you can't receive attachments.

Heh if sharing videos among your friends is what you want to do, you can try ffwd. if you upload the video to youtube, add that video to ffwd, you can watch it on your tv through your wiimote. But u need the opera browser for that.

After that you can share the videos through ffwd. You can see what videos your friend are watching and what they liked and vice versa.

It is still in private beta at the moment but I have got a link setup. Try it.

Back