emailing the wii

csayers666

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
Surrey, England
is it possible, and if it is, how can i send and receive emails from my pc to my wii. when i enter my email address into my wii, it tells me that the new address has to register my wii's email adress to use it... or something like that! :idea:

You should recieve an email on the account you entered on your Wii asking you to click a link to confirm the add. After you've done that you can send emails back and forth from PC to Wii

It works, but it's a little bit flaky. Sometimes there is quite a delay, but my biggest problem with it is that when somebody emails your console you get the pulsing blue light to tell you you've a message but there's no way of telling when the message was sent. If you reply, the message trail then tells you the date and time that you replied, but there's no data on when the original message was received.

Can anybody confirm that when you email attachments to the Wii, it will only support one? I've tried sending multiple pictures and only the first one seems to get through..........

I can just open my hotmail account in wii opera browser. But I don't really get the point in doing so, since emailing on the pc is so much faster and easier.

Yes you can use the browser to view web based email (Hotmail, Gmail etc) but the console is able to be emailed directly - messages appearing on the messageboard.

It's useful to email the Wii with attached pictures, as the PhotoChannel will pick these up from the messageboard as well as from an SD card..........

All I did was add my email address to the address book, and then in a few hours my computer got the message would i like to exchange emails (or something like that) and I replyed and now it works.

It appears that I'm not able to get messages from e-mails address. I added my hotmail address and replied to the message, but the wii never got the reply.
Any ideas?

coolerelmo said:
It appears that I'm not able to get messages from e-mails address. I added my hotmail address and replied to the message, but the wii never got the reply.
Any ideas?

yeah that happened to me also, i dont think it works with hotmail, but it does work with yahoo and AIM

wiiisawesome said:
yeah that happened to me also, i dont think it works with hotmail, but it does work with yahoo and AIM

Yep, I sent it to a AOL address and it worked. What about the others like comcast?

How is cooking mama on the wii, I played it on a DS.

coolerelmo said:
Yep, I sent it to a AOL address and it worked. What about the others like comcast?

How is cooking mama on the wii, I played it on a DS.

it's pretty good, but i heard that the ds version was better although i never played it. gamespot gave it a 5.5 out of 10 but i don't think it's that bad...

wiiisawesome said:
it's pretty good, but i heard that the ds version was better although i never played it. gamespot gave it a 5.5 out of 10 but i don't think it's that bad...

Ok. One last question, if someone e-mails me and they aren't one my address book. What happens to the message?

i have done it. First you add your email, then you will get a email from wii there it says the Wiis email adress. I didn't get a comfirm link..

KanineN said:
i have done it. First you add your email, then you will get a email from wii there it says the Wiis email adress. I didn't get a comfirm link..

What happens if you give the Will's e-mail addresse out to someone and they e-mail you, and you didn't add them to your addresse book?

coolerelmo said:
What happens if you give the Will's e-mail addresse out to someone and they e-mail you, and you didn't add them to your addresse book?

i dont know the answer of that question!

KanineN said:
i dont know the answer of that question!

i don't think anything happens, first you have to add them, and then they have to reply to the message that is sent by the wii, then you can email each other...

Back