Using your wii # as an email

Bubbagump

Still Here
Dec 1, 2006
Wii Online Code
6805-9706-8131-1123
This might be confusing so ill explain my problem as simple as possible.

Im pretty sure people know about using your wii freind code as an email but i just need to know sumthin. For you to send an email to som1s wii from your computer they have to add your email to they're wii friends list, but what im asking is that- you know when you register to a thread on wii chat, you can enable an option on your profile to make it when som1 else registers to a thread after me it will notify me at my email. So lets say i wanted wiichat to notify me by sending an email to my wii by useing my wii's friend code as an email address (myn is [email protected]) so when i enable the option in my profile to send me a message to my email telling me that som1 replied to a thread i registered at, it would send that notification to my wii. Heres the problem... it cant send an email to my wii because i have to add whatever sends me the message to my wii buddy list, but i cant because i dont know what to add when it asks me to type in an email address when adding an email address friend to my wii. So i dont get any notifications on my wii. All i want to know is how can i get it to send notifications to my wii when some replies to a thread i registered? I only want answers not flames, so if your not goin to answer my question dont bother posting. Thanks!

I know what you're asking, but I'm not sure that it's possible. It would be a very confusing thing to figure out...actually I don't think it's possible because you'd have to somehow get the automated e-mail thing from this site to respond to a message that you send from the Wii, which I doubt it will do.

Well add your E-Mail.

1 - Add it on Wii
2 - Check your Junk Mail on the E-Mail address you entered
3 - Reply to E-Mail
4 - Your Added

You can make it so that E-Mails are diverted somewhere else. Dunno how though maybe someone could tell you (Theres a Thread on here about it)

Anyways

set it so all E-Mails that your E-Mail address gets is dirverted to your Wii Number...

Should work

i dont want the notifications to go to another email. if thats what i wanted i wouldnt of asked this question. Im to lazy to check for an email on an email address off the internet because most of the time im palying my wii and i would have to go to my computer and check for an email like every 5 mins. i want the email to go to my wii so i see the blue light turned on when i get a message. Is there a way to forward any mail i get at an email address to my wii without me having to do anything? Like i set somthing on my email to make any mail i get to go to another email address weather im there or not?

that would most definately depend on your email service. Check around with them as to wether or not you can just select any emails from a certain address to be diverted to your Wii one. It doesnt seem like something thats impossible.

ok i set an action on my email to send any incoming mail to my wii which is possible now because i added my email address to my wii buddy list. Also how long does it take for a message to get from your wii to an email or an email to your wii? because i know its not instant.

ok thanks...... (holy crap an hour?)

i havnt gotten e-mail notifications yet from this forum but my thought on this is...

go online to your normal e-mail account n just look to see where your most recent forum notification came from... then add that e-mail (the one that sent you the notifcation to you) to your wii list

that does not work? if not then ill shutup n keep my wonderings to myself

the only problem with that is the reminder service would have to send a reply to a notification e-mail that your wii sends when trying to add people via e-mail

LyricistSoldier said:
i havnt gotten e-mail notifications yet from this forum but my thought on this is...

go online to your normal e-mail account n just look to see where your most recent forum notification came from... then add that e-mail (the one that sent you the notifcation to you) to your wii list

that does not work? if not then ill shutup n keep my wonderings to myself
i was think of doing that but i would have to add "[email protected]" to my wii bud list and he would have to accept my friends request with i dought he would do. so i just did what i said in my earlyer post and so far its working

yeah actually my suggestion wouldnt work unless yep the forums system accepted your add request.

i think you got it down as best u can... just forwarding your e-mails which actually is pree awesome idea if you got onto say hotmail or gmail n made an account thats just for forwarding mail to your wii

oh yea n the only other way i came up with to get forum notifications is yea if the forum admin er a mod gave an e-mail for people to add to their wiis n then everyone set their forum e-mail default to their wii's e-mail. Thats a mess tho.. good idea forwarding e-mails tho mate! If it works out let me know.. i may take the idea n run with it n create an e-mail just to act as a forward to my wii.

hello,

Two solutions,

get an illegal emailer that fakes ones address

OR THE LEGAL WAY

subscribe to a popular random thread to your default email address. Once you get a email that says someone responded copy the email address that the auto email came from, Then go to the wii and add that to your buddies list, Then subscribe to another thread only change the email for auto responce notification to your wiis system, That way once someone answers it will send a email to your wii, The wii will think it responded to the email and BAM!! its added :D

macmee said:
hello,

Two solutions,

get an illegal emailer that fakes ones address

OR THE LEGAL WAY

subscribe to a popular random thread to your default email address. Once you get a email that says someone responded copy the email address that the auto email came from, Then go to the wii and add that to your buddies list, Then subscribe to another thread only change the email for auto responce notification to your wiis system, That way once someone answers it will send a email to your wii, The wii will think it responded to the email and BAM!! its added :D
yea i thought of that but the person who sends me the email is [email protected] and i dought the he will accept my bud request.

Back